• Register Today It's free!

2002 computer

phiple28

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
okay all. I traded my 99 xlt for a 2002 mountaineer... yeah, the outside's kinda fugly. I'm sure it'll grow on me once all the other cars on the road become more ugly too... but INSIDE is really nice (in my opinion it's nicer than the ex's INSIDE!!!) The truck is awesome!!! silky smooth & everything is very refined.

But I got the truck & forgot to ask for the code for the door buttons... I'm sure I can call around & figure it out, but I heard a rumor that the code is actually written on the outside of the computer that's mounted in the cabin. Does ANYBODY know where the hell that is??? If so, please let me know. Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

phiple

there is a card in your owners packet with this code.
you should have this white looking credit card size piece of plastic, that's it.

you can also call the selling dealer.

did you get this new?

peter

I couldn't find it on the computer like I was told either, so I had the dealer get it off the computer, then I changed it to what I wanted it to be. I got mine used.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I got it used so the card is probably long gone. I was just at the dealer & they're going to read the code later this week... don't know why they couldn't do it when I was there... but they're a dealer... sometimes they just don't make sense.

Thanks

hey phiple, don't forget to update your signature..... The computer module with the code was in the back, in the compartment w/ the jack stuff on the pre 2002's. Not sure if it's still in the same spot now.

Look...

...for a sticker somewhere. We have a sticker with the card. I have not put it on yet though. I am not sure if I want it under the hood somewhere, or on a door or rear hatch.

If you take your VIN to Ford, they can tell you what it is.

Back