• Register Today It's free!

2002 drivers power seat problem

surpera1

Reaction score
City, State
alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer xlt
ok - stupid thing - hehehehe - anyway - 2002 explorer xlt - drivers side power seat moves back and forward weak and slow if at all - clicking noise - i am a pretty good mechanic btw - took the seat out had a look - my father in law got me a junkyard dog for parts - sooooo - broken spider gear plastic teeth that the threaded rod drives - what a crock of **** - and totally unserviceable - outside of replace the entire seat - and then have the same problem with the next one - dammit - soooooo - i would like to swap out and put a manually adjustable seat in there - has to look the same - i can swap out the leather seat covers - my question is - is there such a thing ? what model or year to look for ? either that or i am gonna weld a nut on the end of that rod so i can drive it with a ratchet - this is such total edited out due to vulgarity - i really dont like ford - as long as they have been in business you would think they could make a car seat that works or you could at least fix when it breaks - any help appreciated - thanks !

why am i having so much trouble finding info ? sheesh

dont everyone answer at once now is this forum dead or what ?

dont everyone answer at once now is this forum dead or what ?

Hey, sorry if we didn't answer your request soon enough buddy. If you do a little searching on this forum you will find that several people have fixed their power seats when the little white gear teeth break. Simply rob one of the other spiders from the junkyard dog your father-in-law bought for you.

This post should help you.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324951&highlight=seat

Now quit swearing and bashing Explorers on this forum. Otherwise don't expect any more help.

Back