2002 Eddie Bauer Door Panel, Need Help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Eddie Bauer Door Panel, Need Help!!

bkcjames

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2002 eddie bauer. I need to replace the wood grain insert on the driver side rear door. I have been told that I have to get a whole door panel to get the insert. Is this true? Any ideas. The door panel is $250 at Ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2002 eddie bauer. I need to replace the wood grain insert on the driver side rear door. I have been told that I have to get a whole door panel to get the insert. Is this true? Any ideas. The door panel is $250 at Ford

How about the junk yard?

I tried a ton of them in the local area and they didnt have any..

The dealer glued mine on at no charge. 6 months and still holding. That's the easiest way.

It is true that you can only buy the complete door inside assembly, not teh sub-assemblies that make it up, from the dealer.

That leaves either fixing it or finding a used part. Must junkyards will not let you just get the broken part, either, they want to sell you the entire inner panel, so you may wind up buying more than you need.

I have had the wood grain plastic inserts on both front door inner panels break off in my Limited and had to glue them back on.

Back