2002 Eddie Bauer Interior door moldings? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Eddie Bauer Interior door moldings?

iowa_hick

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer EB
I used to be a member of this site back in the early 2000's until I traded of my Explorer. Well, I just bought a 2002 Eddie Bauer, so I'm back!

I got it cheap, but its got a few mechanical issues and a few cosmetic issues. The cosmetic issue that irritates me the most (beyond the crappy aftermarket radio) is that the fake wood trim pieces at the top of the door liners are missing from three of the four doors. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? Or is my best bet to try to find the whole door liners somewhere? I tried LMC Truck, but if they have it, I didn't find it.

Thanks!
Jake

You are not going to find the trim as they are heat plug welded to the door, "not serviced seperately." You will have to find entire door assemblies.

If you have people who slam doors, you will likely find the plugs break off and the trim pops off. I put a bead of loctite SI5900 around the inward perimeter and stick back on. Haven't had one pop off since! Plus the 5900 can be used on a lot of things.

Back