2002 eddie bauer stock amp dimensions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 eddie bauer stock amp dimensions

brad8314

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer 4.6l
hello,

I have a 2002 eddie bauer explorer with the Audiophile stereo, I was wondering if any one knows the dimensions of the stock amplifier.

I will be replacing it shortly and would like to have all my gear ready so I only have to take off the rear panel once.
From the pictures I've seen on here the amp looks pretty small. I tried searching but the only dimensions i could find were for pre 2002 explorers.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

after doing some more searching apparently the amp is aprox 7"x3"x1"

the only amp that I could find around this size is the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 6-3/4"L x 4-1/4"W x 1-1/2"H.

I may try and make this amp fit. I wont really know for sure I take the back panel off and take some measurements .

for 2002. . .the Main Amp was in the radio for the door speakers. That little amp should be just for the Sub Woofer just so you know.

yeah I should of clarified I was talking about the sub amp. The head unit has already been replaced.

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for the info:thumbsup:

I'll be installing the following,

JL 8W1v2-4 for the sub

Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 for the sub amp

Alpine SPS-610C components for the fronts

Alpine SPS-610 coax for the rears

Dynamat on the door panels

and sub enclosure.

just waiting for all the parts to arrive.

Hi,

thanks for the info:thumbsup:

I'll be installing the following,

JL 8W1v2-4 for the sub

Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 for the sub amp

Alpine SPS-610C components for the fronts

Alpine SPS-610 coax for the rears

Dynamat on the door panels

and sub enclosure.

just waiting for all the parts to arrive.

I hate this sort of waiting...

I hate this sort of waiting...

For sure!
I don't get much time to myself now with a family, but just knowing I have some time comming up to install the stereo, feels like a kid leading up to christmas.

:D

Sorry for diggin up my old post, I've finally gotten around to installing my audio gear. I just thought Id post a couple pics of my rockford amp to show it's size and how it fits. in case someone needs a good lil amp that fits in the stock location for a stealth install.

amp1f.jpg

amp2i.jpg

Back