2002 Ford Explorer XLT Spark Plugs Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT Spark Plugs Question

kbigmike2121

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello All:

My question is, how many spark plugs does a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 6 Cylinder engine have, and where are the spark plugs located?

Thanks,

Michael K.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

6 plugs in total

3 are located on each side of the engine. Follow the wires.

The proper plugs for your vehicle are listed on the info sticker under the hood of your Explorer. My recommendation would be to have someone help you change the plugs as it seems your knowledge is limited in working under the hood of a vehicle. Some of the best learning is done by having a good person teach you some of the basics like how many spark plugs a 6 cylinder has compared to a 4 or 8 cylinder. Good luck and welcome to the "Do it yourself" game.

The proper plugs for your vehicle are listed on the info sticker under the hood of your Explorer. My recommendation would be to have someone help you change the plugs as it seems your knowledge is limited in working under the hood of a vehicle. Some of the best learning is done by having a good person teach you some of the basics like how many spark plugs a 6 cylinder has compared to a 4 or 8 cylinder. Good luck and welcome to the "Do it yourself" game.

haha, yes, you are exactly right! My knowledge is not very good under the hood of the car. I decided to learn computers and programming instead and now I'm suffering from that decision just a little bit.

Thanks for the information!

Back