2002 XLT

robbiey`9

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello all,

I just bought a 2002 XLT with the third row seat. The dealership is currently replacing the rear liftgate as it was cracked. I read a few other posts from people who have had a similar problem. Are there any other common problems that I should look for before it goes out of factory warranty? Mine has 10K miles or 18 months left on the warranty. Thanks for everyone's input and advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.. The 3rd generation haven't been out enough for a good consensus on any common problems.. But you can do a search, hopefully it'll come out with no problems listed.

My mom's had the cracked tailgate also. She had a bunch of tranny work around 55k. Air conditioning has a bad smell to it and needs a deodorizer every so often. The sun roof trim got all messed up and had to be replaced. It also is extremely noisey which she complains about a lot, so I may put a lund visor on it for her. I'm not sure all that she had done, but I'll check her paper work sometime when I'm home to be able to give more info.

was wondering what kind of tranny work was required. I bought a 2002 exploder and the tranny is really giving me some problems. the overdrive light keeps flashing, it shudders when shifting and the dealer here says nothing is wrong. any suggestions as to what may be the cause would be great.

arwcrk said:
was wondering what kind of tranny work was required. I bought a 2002 exploder and the tranny is really giving me some problems. the overdrive light keeps flashing, it shudders when shifting and the dealer here says nothing is wrong. any suggestions as to what may be the cause would be great.
there is def. something wrong, not to hijack this thread or anything, but i would bring my ex back to the dealer (a different one, preferrably) and demand they fix it. a flashing OD light is never a good thing

Back