2003 Blower motor resistor replacement (easy way) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Blower motor resistor replacement (easy way)

elkbuster

Reaction score
City, State
Beverly Hills, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Just did this repair by following a three part YouTube video series. Took about 40 minutes going through the glove box per the video. Much easier than going underneath the dash as some videos did. For those interested in this fix here are the links for the 3 videos by Johnny Oudomsouk. FYI - the wiring harness blocking access to the left hand bolt can be moved out the way by pulling it off the venting (only attached via a plastic piece). Moving the 4 wheel drive unit and harness out of the way gives you plenty room to get at the resistor without disconnecting any of the other wiring. The part I used was a BWD unit part # RU1075 which I got at O'Reillys for about $25.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

I changed this on mine last year & it burnt out in about a week. Back to only working on number 4. Any suggestions as to what to do next? I believe all the fuses are OK.

I changed this on mine last year & it burnt out in about a week. Back to only working on number 4. Any suggestions as to what to do next? I believe all the fuses are OK.

I am not sure what to tell you except that if the part failed in a week I would take back and get a replacement. Maybe you got a bad one. Most parts have some type of warranty on them.

Back