2003 explorer remote starter problem need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 explorer remote starter problem need help

harleeflstn

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 eddie bauer explorer
I recently purchased an 03 eddie bauer 4.0 explorer. Mint condition and all the bells and whistles. I just started having a problem with my factory-dealer installed remote starter-valet brand. Seems like sometimes it wants to crank and sometimes it just turns motor for a split second and nothing(stops)-all the controls go on, fuel pump engages lights go on but a quick crank and nothing. I did notice when the motor at various times cranks then starts the truck, i here a noise from underneath the dash kinda like a switch is goin on and off-i just recently noticed that the noise i am hearing is some sort of switch that is turning the brake lights on and off before the key is even put into the ignition when the truck is running. I am suspecting that whatever that switch/relay or whateve it is that is clicking is possibly going on sometimes before the engine cranks and stops the motor from crankin futher. Does anyone have any idea what im experiencing-its almost similiar to me pressing the brake pedal before inserting the key and the truck will shut off....i notice the clicking noise continues until i put the key in turn it forward and press the brake pedal....i cant seem to figure why sometimes the starter will crank and others it doesnt....any thoughts...thanks

Back