2003 Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer XLS

RocketFoot's 2003 Explorer XLS Sport

Here is my Explorer...2003 XLS with 22,000 miles. It has the 4.0L SOHC FFV engine and 5 speed auto transmission.

Mods:
Lund X-Terminator Bug Shield
Lund In-Channel Vent Shades

Future Mods:
Contoured Mud Guards
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Hella Angel Eye Fog Lamps
Gentex Compass/Temp Auto Dimming Mirror
K&N Intake System
Roof mounted DVD palyer for rear passengers

This is how she looked when I got her...
100_0355.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0358.jpg

Here are a few more pics taken after the bug shield and vent shades were installed...
100_0416.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0409.jpg

100_0407.jpg

TOPVIEW.jpg

sig.jpg

Barry
Latrobe, PA 15650

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice 03 xls you got there barry. And also good luck with the mods.

Thanks! I have been on the fence about the XLS vs XLT...I love lots of options and equipment. But when I had a chance to buy this vehicle...I couldn't pass it up! It has all the important options that I like, but I would have liked to have the overhead console, compass/temp, approach lights and keypad entry.

I chose the XLS over a black 2004 XLT with 73,000 because I wanted a vehicle that will last a while and be more dependable...I even got an extended factory warranty until 2009 or 75,000 miles! So I guess losing a few options is worth a gaining a big piece of mind!

it's clean - and I like that :thumbsup:

-Drew

rocket did u check out pics of my 01 sport if ya did tell me whatcha ya think of it. I am planning to do more mods to it.

Nice- clean 03 XLS

Hello
Everyone
I am new here. I am in the process of buying a 03 xls .I wanted to know what you think. Its 03 XLS with 31,000 miles from a dealership. 14k. It looks really nice,I dont know if to go with it. or XLT with more miles on it with more features. I have to make up my mind by Saturday so any help is appreciated.

THANKS

Nice looking XLS ya got there. Very clean.

I like the nerf bars on these. More even than the running boards on my Eddie. It gives them less of a "soccer mom" look, I think.

If you look thru the '02-'05 stock forum, I've listed the part numbers for the moulded mudflaps for yours and others without the Appearance Package (read: bodyside cladding). Seems like some were having trouble finding them for the Explorers without the Apperance Package, but my buddy at the Ford dealership came thru with the correct ones.

Besides owning Explorers, we've got something else in common...We both live near breweries! I'm not too far away from the Miller brewery in Milwaukee. Maybe an hour drive or so.
I tried a Rolling Rock once, and left the better majority of it sitting on the table. Not my favorite by a long shot. My philosophy on beer is to avoid anything in a green bottle. I'll drink Miller Lite like it's my job though!;)

Back