2003 Mercuy Mountaineer LED light bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Mercuy Mountaineer LED light bar

tmugz

Reaction score
City, State
Upper Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mercury Mountaineer
I've been considering putting one of those LED light bars on my 03 Mountaineer. I was thinking about mounting it under the front grill in the open spot that is there that is in between the fog lamps . Has anyone done anything similar, if so can you post up some pictures please ? I think it would look pretty sick once it's done as I have HIDS in all of my lights up front would be nice to include that LED light bar but not have it look cheap and cheesy .

Looking forward to seeing some responses .

Tmugz

I have an 04 explorer with the same concept.
20140315_082604_zpsyaq0p57i.jpg

Before, with hids
20150221_120659-1_zpsnokavtpa.jpg

after, hids still and the light bar
IMG_20141228_160821_zps6xyconet.jpg

You will need to take the bumper apart, I suggest mounting to the subframe inside the bumper. You will need a little patience but mine is rock solid with some bumper carving and 3/4x3/4x1/8 aluminum angle

How bright is it exactly? I mainly want it for our roads, they are dark at night although my hids are bright it would be nice to get that extra light just in case. Also I want to eventually work on the local first responder unit so it would help back in the trails if I ever have to go out that way.

Also what size did you get , I think the mountaineer may be smaller than the Explorer in regards to space available but i'm not sure .

Tmugz

Back