• Register Today It's free!

2003 sport track codes

jmcgarvie

Reaction score
City, State
summerville sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer sport
Hello i have a 2003 ford explorer 4.0 sport track.that is throwing the codes p0507,p0511,p0171,p0174, this is a new engine install and timing work if the timing was off would it be throwing either a crank or cam position sensor or not it also wont idle under 1500 and acts like it dose not have any balls.also the OD lite started blinking.help would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check/solve the vacuum leaks first and see if the others disappear. If not the IAC will be suspect then.

First thing is to check THIS post on the 171/174's.

P0507 - Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

IAC circuit shorted to ground
Damaged IAC valve
Damaged PCM
Air intake leak after throttle body

The IAC solenoid resistance is from 6 to 13 ohms. Monitor IAC PID duty cycle and/or voltage

P0511 - Idle Air Control Circuit Malfunction

IAC circuit open
VPWR to IAC solenoid open
IAC circuit shorted to PWR
Damaged IAC valve
Damaged PCM

The IAC solenoid resistance is from 6 to 13 ohms. Monitor IAC PID duty cycle and/or voltage

You just had a engine changed right? Have you checked and made sure all vacumme lines are on and all electical connections are plugged in? More likely something got missed if the timeing was that far off you would have valves hitting pistons..

vacume leak ?

possibly a degree or 2 but it was perfect when i set it but i didn't know how it was going to act after i took the tool out and and put back the hydraulic tenchener and the air intake control valve was unplugged oops i found that and when i pluged it in and took the truck down the road the the rpm to high code came on the bank 1 and 2 codes have bean on there is a problem the left valve cover was missing when i got it and it used to have a hose hole for ventilation but the new one dosent have that dose this engine have air coming in one valve cover and out the other.

later

ok wrong valve cover caused alot of the problems found that out after buying the tool re timeing it and no change so not throwing codes any more but still showing machanical timing off any more info would be great

Back