• Register Today It's free!

2004 cruise control question

shelbydog25

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
My cruise control went out. I checked the brake pressure switch (brake lights on/off as supposed to be by pressing/depressing brake peddle), No ABS light on, no cruise control light on dash either.

I have read many posts on this sight on the issue, it sounds like the brake repair kit is an easy fix, however, my 2004 does not have a pressure switch next to the master brake cylinder. ??? model year change by ford?

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where the (of if) the 04 has the master cylinder brake switch ? and were it's located. Forgot to mention, horn works so the clock spring should be ok..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the switch on 04-05 is on top of the master, in front of the fluid reservoir.

the switch on the 03 is on the underside of the master

they are both fused to fuse # F1.45 2Amp in the Battery Junction Box

thanks, my vehicle must be a 2004.5 (will have to check the build date). mine does not have the switch in front of the master cylinder (like in the attached photo),

mine has just a wire harness/connector attached to the top, middle area of the master cylinder resovoir. Internally mounted in resovoir? Odd.

I assume the fuse is located in the PCM junct. box in the engine bay area? thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_2708[1].jpg
    IMG_2708[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,954

my 04 is just like the one pictured above...

got a picture of yours without this switch?

is it like this??

2889703579_3fc202f2f9.jpg

CJones..... exactly! :thumbsup: must have been a mid year design change, mounted upside down on the bottom and I missed it... .. I wonder if the secondary (C 148) also needs to be replaced. guess I'll start with the primary 1st (C 147).... thanks to all..

CJONES, I'm curious. what shop you get this diagram from?

Be careful when you remove it... brake fluid will come out and brake fluid will remove paint! Lay out a plastic bag with a rag on it to catch anything that drips out.

I replaced mine. It was on top and just a little fluid came up out of the hole, and made a "bubble". Not enough to spill out but yours being on the bottom may spill a little more.

CJones..... exactly! :thumbsup: must have been a mid year design change, mounted upside down on the bottom and I missed it... .. I wonder if the secondary (C 148) also needs to be replaced. guess I'll start with the primary 1st (C 147).... thanks to all..

CJONES, I'm curious. what shop you get this diagram from?

the diagram is from a 2003

Back