2004 Explorer a/c air flow mainly to defrost vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer a/c air flow mainly to defrost vents

keith07

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Looked for a while now and I can't find the specific answer to my problem. 2004 Explorer, Air flow comes from defrost vents mainly on all a/c settings, very little flow from dash vents. Pretty sure it is a vacuum problem but not sure where to locate the lines, etc. Any specific answers on troubleshooting this problem would be greatly appreciated. Pictures, color of vacuum lines, locations would be a plus. Thanks
Added info. I see two lines that appear to be the vacuum lines, small 1/8 or so plastic lines. One is white which goes to some type of round canister mounted on a 1/2 to 3/4 line that goes into the center of the firewall. The black line goes to the intake area on the motor. Both of these lines enter into the middle of the firewall on the passenger side. Right lines? If so, which one controls the air flow to which vent? Both appear to be good without cracks or holes but my eyes aren't that good either. Am I looking in the right place or is it maybe the "bladder bulb" on the larger line I need to be looking at?

on mine, it was not a vacuum issue -- it was physical issues with blend doors. i suspect you're dealing with something along the lines of this.

Back