• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer Heated Seated

SC Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Ltd V8
Guys I've got two separate issues involving both my driver's side and passenger's side heated seats.

1) My passenger side seat heater has been stuck on for some time now. I know its a bad switch, but I do not know which switch is for the heater. I have one of my seats unbolted and there are several different switches that control power seats etc. Is the heater switch the green one on the left sort of near the back if you are facing forwards?

2) The driver's side does not seem to be heating at all. The indicator light on the A/C panel shows that the heater is turned on, but it never heats up. I figure it is a bad circuit somewhere or the whole heater is shot. All I really need to know is which switch under the seat is for the heater?

Being able to locate the switch will give me a point to start from to start figuring out what's going on.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 02 the switch on the passenger seat is on the side in the middle and just behind the manual lumbar adjusting knob. Mine is a black round button that you push for on and push again for off. When on it lights an indicator on the dash panel like yours. Even the knob itself has the symbol of a heated seat in white lettering on the knob. Yours must be different as mine is quite obvious as to what it controls. Hopefully someone with an 04 will respond.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

My shop manuals only go up to '03, but might be relevant to your '04. I can PM the troubleshooting steps if you want.

Let me know

-- Rondo

I forgot to mention that I had to replace the bun heating pad on our 2004 driver's side seat. It wasn't all that hard to pull off the leather and foam to gain access to the pad. Works like new again.

Back