• Register Today It's free!

2004 explorer

turbox

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce City, CO.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
does anybody know if the 2003 4.0 air filter is the same as the 2004 4.0 air filter? I can't find anything for my explorer except a cold air intake from www.explorerexpress.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2004 Explorer has the mass air sensor and air box moulded together as one unit. You will need to install a new intake and mass air sensor together. We have the Mac Intake & Pro-M Sensor available. The problem with the 04 is that the electrical connector is different and it needs to be spliced. We have the pigtail connector available if you feel comfortable with that. There will be mass air sensors available with the correct plug some time in the future. We did this upgrade on a 2002 V6 SOHC and it really woke it up.

it is the same

I noticed that my 04 had electronic throttle where my 02 was a cable and its not the same

What are the HP gains with the MAC intake for the O4' x limited with the v8. Also I would like the same DATA for the MAC exhaust. How loud is it?

Back