2004 Ford Explorer. Lift help is needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Ford Explorer. Lift help is needed.

tscott

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello, i am new and saw everyone has good insight on body and suspension lifts. I have a 2004 ford explorer xlt and wanna put 3"body lift w/ 2.25 & 1.75 suspension lift. Can anyone help me with were to start looking? Im having a hard time tryin to find anything. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out Brandon at btf, do a search on btf in the search bar at the top of the page.

Should help answer a few of your questions.

welcome

Welcome to the forum. There are many threads here about lifting 3rd Gens. Brandon at BTF makes a quality spacer. Read about it. Body lifts are easier on your suspension, maybe.

I have used a spacer lift on my Ex. 2.25" front, 2" rear. I experienced quite a few issues including shot front ball joints and scored rear axels, and blown wheel bearings.

I am not the only one that had problems, but there are many who used spacers and reported no issues. Its hit and miss. Pay your dime, roll the dice and hope for the best. The best you can do is read, read and do some more reading and then make your decision. I'm stock height now and very happy about it.

Just my 2 cents.

Back