2005 Explorer Sport Trac cluster interchange ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer Sport Trac cluster interchange ?'s

awcforever

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 K2500 Suburban
Hey guys, new to the forum and have been reading the posts for about a week now and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so........

My neighbor is an older guy and I help him out when I can fixing his cars and all. But, he has an 05 Sport Trac and the gauges have gone kaput. I took it apart and cleaned them and re-seated the connections and it worked for about a week and now its just non-responsive.

He has the white faced gauges and the message center on his and I have searched ebay high and low to no avail. But the 05 explorers gauges look the exact same except they are black. Will these interchange, or do you guys know of any other interchange I can do that will be easy. If it were mine I wouldn't mind having to modify something, but its his only car and I don't want to take the responsibility of tearing up his stuff if you know what I mean.

The OEM cluster for the sport trac is $568.17 + it has to be dealer programmed or so they said.
part # 4l2z-10849-aa

The explorer is a different # so Im not sure if it will work
4l2t-10849-lf

Everything looks identical from the listing other than the colors, but I want to get some insight from the pros!

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, new to the forum and have been reading the posts for about a week now and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so........ My neighbor is an older guy and I help him out when I can fixing his cars and all. But, he has an 05 Sport Trac and the gauges have gone kaput. I took it apart and cleaned them and re-seated the connections and it worked for about a week and now its just non-responsive. He has the white faced gauges and the message center on his and I have searched ebay high and low to no avail. But the 05 explorers gauges look the exact same except they are black. Will these interchange, or do you guys know of any other interchange I can do that will be easy. If it were mine I wouldn't mind having to modify something, but its his only car and I don't want to take the responsibility of tearing up his stuff if you know what I mean. The OEM cluster for the sport trac is $568.17 + it has to be dealer programmed or so they said. part # 4l2z-10849-aa The explorer is a different # so Im not sure if it will work 4l2t-10849-lf Everything looks identical from the listing other than the colors, but I want to get some insight from the pros! Thanks a lot!

Search Car-part.com you can find it in a search in a salvage yard for a fraction of new for the sport Trac specific.

Back