• Register Today It's free!

2005 Model Year Info???

Bottomlesspit

Reaction score
City, State
Del Rio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Hey guys. When I buy a new car I have always saved everything with it. This includes the window sticker, dealer brochures, papers, stickers, etc.
When I picked up my used 05 it didn't have any of these things. I especially wanted a 05 Explorer dealer brochure. The dealership didn't have any left. I like these because I like to see all the different trims, options, colors, interiors, etc that were available. I also just like to collect junk I guess :confused:
Now that I don't have a brochure, I am having a hard time getting info about my 05.
I would especially like to know the exterior color (WB 114), and interior color (GP) trims. Wheels available, options. Hard to match items when I don't even know what color the darn thing is?!
Anybody know where I can get a brochure? I checked Ebay...none there yet. Anyone ID the codes?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This may help: Dead Link Removed

-Drew

Just a quick note...

It is against the Federal Monroney act for the vehicle to be sold without the window sticker affixted to the window If it is removed it must be presented to the buyer of the vehicle prior to sale. The dealer cannot remove the sticker from the car prior to sale. If it is removed i.e safety reasons (blocking vision) then it must be located inside the car in plain sight. If you did not get one during the sale it could be used against the dealer should issues arise about what options the car came with at POS or fuel economy.

Used vehicls must have a dealer provided sticker affixed to the window outlining whether or not the vehicle has a warranty or not plus any installed options.

I may be able to answer some questions(would be happy to try). I am master certified as a ford and mercury sales consultant so product knowledge is second nature for me. I'll try to find you a brochure. I think we have a few laying around. If you have pictures of your explorer I could probably tell you any you wanted to know about it. :roll:

Dr Plastic said:
Just a quick note...

It is against the Federal Monroney act for the vehicle to be sold without the window sticker affixted to the window If it is removed it must be presented to the buyer of the vehicle prior to sale. The dealer cannot remove the sticker from the car prior to sale. If it is removed i.e safety reasons (blocking vision) then it must be located inside the car in plain sight. If you did not get one during the sale it could be used against the dealer should issues arise about what options the car came with at POS or fuel economy.

Used vehicls must have a dealer provided sticker affixed to the window outlining whether or not the vehicle has a warranty or not plus any installed options.

He got it used.

Try ebay they have them all the time.

Hey everybody,
Thanks so much for the replies, really good info to know and have.
Yes, I did buy it used. Found out it was used as a rental in a large, national rental agency in Dallas TX.
All I ever saw in the windows was a sheet that said the price and "as is" type warranty.
Tower: I checked Ebay and they have completely avoided 05 models!!! They had every other year though.
ih8chevy: I would love to get hold of a 05 brochure! I can send a prepaid mailing envelope and any other $ to cover your expenses. Thanks so much for your offer.
DrPlastic: Wow, that's some serious info. I will keep it in mind for all future dealership dealings. Thanks for posting that.
ExplorerDMB: Thanks for the link. I will go through it and see what I can get out of it. Thanks again!
Thanks guys, I'm enjoying my new X even more than my old 99 and even way more than my 92. My new baby took my son to the prom last night. He wanted to take something nicer to pick up his date in rather than his well worn 92GT Mustang! Looking inside the Stang, I didn't blame him :eek:
Ken

Tower,
You must be a man of many means and powers to pull that link off Ebay. I swear I spent hours typing in every possible search line for a 05 brochure and not one hit. I forgot to check if the one you found was just listed...that's the only explanation I would believe at this point?!
Your second link is an owner's guide...I did get that with the vehicle.
I just finished buying that first link though...thanks for finding it for me!
Ken

I too bought a used '05 from a "national rental agency". I 'googled 23005 explorer brouchure and downloaded one. I don't remember the exact site, but with a color printer the copy was really good

Back