2005 Mountaineer Dual A/C Issue (Warm Drivers - Cold Passenger) FIXED!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Mountaineer Dual A/C Issue (Warm Drivers - Cold Passenger) FIXED!!!

Jerry Mountaineer

Reaction score
City, State
Lisle, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer (6Cyl)
I just joined the forum and I am looking forward to this participating in this unique community.

My problem I am having is as described in the title, the drivers side AC is blowing un-cooled air and the passenger side is blowing conditioned air when the air conditioning is on. Now I just spent the last 2 days watching countless YouTube videos on how to replace the blend door actuators and the problems related to them.

I spent all day yesterday pulling apart all the various consoles all the way down to access the blend door actuators. I even pulled the drivers side actuator out and it is working fine. With all the consoles out of the way, I am able to see the blend doors in action, and they all appear to be working as they should, as I punch through the various settings on my air conditioner control panel. I also took out the blower motor and checked the fresh air flap and that is working just fine too.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I'll just give the short version of how this problem was fixed. Go to WalMart, buy some AC-Pro R134A refrigerant and put it in. That's all it took to fix the warm drivers / cold passenger problems. AC works great now!

Back