2006 explorer fog light electrical map | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer fog light electrical map

JoshuaK

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Hi, does anyone have an electrical wiring map for a 2006 ford explorer 4.0 L SOHC. Fog lights not working and I have tried new bulbs, and checked fuses and relays and all seem to be ok. not sure if its a wiring issue.

I used alligator clips to check the relay with battery and it clicks when activated. When the fog light switch is pulled inside the vehicle, is the relay supposed to click? All my other lights work when the switch is turned, only when it is pulled out to activate fog lights is where the problem exists.

Any help?? Thanks all.

Not sure if you've figured out the issue yet. I'm also working on getting one of my fog lights wiring fixed. Give this diagram a look over. I hope it helps!

5n2g7a.jpg

Replace your relay with another one to see if that's the problem. If it isn't, re-check the fuses by putting new ones in (a bad fuse sometimes looks okay) Make sure your high beams are not on, and that your engine is running. (On Gen 4's, the fogs don't work when the engine is off) Check the wiring at the connection to the bulbs: is it frayed, broken, etc? And lastly, check the switch Itself, using a voltmeter.

Back