2006 Explorer XLT

rgoltsch

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT V8
Good morning all!

I have been brought to this site by our friends at Google. Just wanted to drop a first message to say hi and state that I am sure I will be back a few more times.

We just picked up a 2006 Explorer XLT with the 4.6 V8 for the wife. We had a 2002 Mountaineer, and I have to say, Ford really changed the ride for this new generation. The ride is far smoother than the ol' Mountaineer.

I did some research here to find the darn Keyless Entry Code. The salesman told me that they would get it for me before I picked it up yesterday....well, I forgot to ask, and I am sure I didn't volunteer it because he forgot too. I'm going to pull the side trim panel and see if the code is hiding there. If I do find it, I'll let y'all know. There are many posts on this site for people looking for the codes, but none seem to be specifically looking for a 2006.

Thanks, and see ya' around

Ron

Thanks for the welcome Brooklyn.

As a bit of followup, I searched high and low on my wife's new Explorer and could not find that damn code anywhere.

I called my salesman and he got me the code in less than 15 minutes. I don't know if they connected to the truck and pulled it off the processor before it was delivered to me, or if they just entered the Vin in some computer and got it for me.

Either way, I have the code. My 13 year old daughter took the code and added a personalized code that she puts on all of our cars so we don't have to remember a new number for each car.

Ron

Back