2006 ford explorer-eddie bauer-keyless code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 ford explorer-eddie bauer-keyless code

mthomas0701

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer eddie bauer
hello, where can I find the keyless entry code in my 2006 ford explorer (eddie bauer edition). I don't have the manual that has the code. I heard you can find it on a box in the car but I don't know where to look. Any help is appreciated. thanks

The code is on top of the Smart Junction Box in a light gray about font size 16 or so. The SBJ is right above the emergency brake pedal on the left side of the dash. It has the fuses on it.

The popular consensus seems to be that it's on a module buried in the dash behind the passenger side airbag. http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212150
I'll have to look down near the brake when I get home tonight.

I just paid the dealer yesterday to dump the code off the computer for me.

I sent a letter to FoMoCo Customer Service, told them that I didn't think I should have to pay a dealer for the code when I had just paid a dealer for the car, but they said that the factory doesn't keep a record of the codes (probably a good idea for liability reasons.) (Note to self: the next time you buy a used car, make sure you have the code before you take delivery of the car.)

Back