• Register Today It's free!

(HELP!) I broked my seat. (pics)

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
The back of my drivers seat will not "click" in to an up right position. I'm down with the gangsta lean, but this is ridiculous. I found this screw (see pic), which had snapped. Do any of you guys, who may have encountered the same problem, know where to obtain a new one of these screws? My plan, as it is, would be to use the screw from the passenger seat.

G's up, hoes down,
302X
gUITARS007.jpg

gUITARS013.jpg

gUITARS009.jpg

gUITARS010.jpg

gUITARS015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That screw is for the recliner lever should be able to get a new one at a junk yard

hahaha your "fix" is a pillow and a blanket!!

On mine the lever broke, not the screw, will you be able to get the threaded part out of the seat to replace it?

goto the dealer there was a recall for this

Go to a dealer. There is an update kit for this bolt. It's only a few dollars. I did both sides after my drivers side broke. The hardest part will be drilling what's left of the old one out. A good extractor will get it done.

that sux bout ur seat my passenger seat is like that too

Mine didnt brake but you know on how regular car seats when you pull the leaver the seat comes flying forward and smacks you in the head. mine doesnt do that. it just stays in the same place i put it in the begining. is that normal or is it broken???

Back