• Register Today It's free!

2007 new heater blend now no A/C

rudymags

Reaction score
City, State
Lubbock,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer
I replaced the heater blend actuater on my 2007 Explorer because I was told that was causing a thumping noise whenever I turned on my heater.

The unit I found was on the driver side under the pane to my right of my right leg. I am sure this was what I needed to replace.

Now that I replaced this unit, I get great heater warmth but when I turn it to A/C, I get hot air from the A/C vents. Any dial or setting I turn to gets the same hot air. When I took the old unit off, I was able to turn that plastic spindle that came out from the unit. When I got the new unit, that same spindle didn't turn. Was it supposed to be moveable on the old or new unit?

One thing, when i put the new unit on, without screwing it down in its position, I could move the unit back and forth with my hand and the A/C & heater both worked fine.

I am perplexed as to where my A/C went... anyone out there can lead me to some idea as to why this is happening? :scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2007 blend actuator replacement part 2

I found the thread to replace the actuator unit and that is what I did (replace it). In your thread, you said that when I plug in the clip for the power, and turn on the air, the shaft should turn.

In my case, the shaft did not and does not turn.

I tried turning the shaft manually before I installed it and it did not turn. The auto parts guy told me that it would turn once it is installed.

It doesn't seem to me that this shaft turns at all. This is the 2nd unot I got from the store. I returned the first one because they said that the shaft was supposed to turn.

So if it doesn't turn, what next???? All I still get is hot air from my A/C whenever I put in the new actuator unit.

I still have issues with my actuatorr...I am puzzled, because I can remove the unit (still plugged in to the power) and get great cold from my A/C.

However, no heater.

The unit is not put into the shaft opening, it's just hanging outide the covers of the vents.

Any ideas as to what else I need to do to fix my problem. I can get A/C now but no heat at this rate.....

Try posting in the thread you found that describes the problem. The folks in that thread have already dealt with the issue.

Back