2007 Sport Trac Charging system light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac Charging system light

Dgdutch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford sport trac
Hello,

I have a 2007 sport trac and my charging system light came on. I replaced the alternator, belt and battery. The truck does not stay running for long, difficult starting, and sometimes doesn't start. Anyone with similar problems, solutions?

Thanks,
Dutch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check Charging System Indicator

I just finished replacing my alternator and battery and took it for a test drive it was great for 20 minutes, then the check charging system indicator light came back on :( did you find a resolution?

- Tim

Have a real good look at your battery cables and terminals. Mine looked fine at first glance, but when I got down to it, the connection between the terminal connector and cable was green as grass. Gave it a bath in Baking Soda for a while, covered it in terminal grease and I have been running it without issue for 2 years this week.

Hello I'm having the same problem, did you figure this out battery is good alternator good and I cleaned the cables. Just happened out of no where only 70,000 miles on it. happened a week ago and then ran for a week no problems and then happened again today in the morning and then when I got home in the afternoon it started right up.

Thanks

I am having the same issue, starts, then stalls and says check charging system.....I am at a loss.

take it back mine would not start and the whole truck would shack and then let it still for an hour and it would run no problem. as long as it was running worked great.

Hello,

I have a 2007 sport trac and my charging system light came on. I replaced the alternator, belt and battery. The truck does not stay running for long, difficult starting, and sometimes doesn't start. Anyone with similar problems, solutions?

Thanks,
Dutch
My check charging light stays on too. But replaced the alternator gave her a tune up and she starts great only thing is I can't get light to go out.

Back