• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac Homelink

blitjen

Reaction score
City, State
Brea, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac 4x4
Hello, does anyone know if a 2007 and up Explorer with factory Homelink would be a direct bolt-in for my 2007 Sport Trac without Homelink, any help is greatly appreciated.

Brent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From my research they are the same .There is a difference between with and w/o a moonroof,but no one could tell me what it was. There was a discussion about homelink installations on the Sport Trac forum portion of this site as well as the regular Explorer forum.

What did you end up doing, or did you scrap the project?:)

I bought a Homelink transmitter on ebay and installed it in the visor. The only trouble I had was getting the lighted mirror to seat in its original position. It stayed in place until about 2 weeks ago. This time I tried JB weld epoxy in the mounting holes.So far so good. You can type in homelink install .in the search portion of this website and it has other detailed info. Also if you decide not to mount the transmitter in the visor, there are other locations where it could be mounted.

Great, thanks for the info, were you able to salvage the original material or did you have to match it at the fabric store? If you had to match it could you tell me where to find it, I think you have the right idea with using the original visor. Next question was the wiring tricky or did you just wire it right into the lighted mirror.

Thanks again.

The material wasn't damaged. The plastic visor housing can be separated at the edges. Use a thin clean object to slightly separate at the seam and gently start to pull the fabric out on the front side of the visor. Work your way all the way around to expose the plastic. Cut the hole for the transmitter in the plastic with a dremel thru the first layer of plastic only. You will see a square imprint on the front upper right of the plastic frame. The mounting for the homelink trans. is underneath. It is wired to the mirror power and ground wires. I spliced mine with connectors. To replace the fabric, use a credit card to push it back in the slot. If you research further on the internet on homelink installations, you will find detailed instructions and photos.

I bought this for my 2010 with sunroof. worked and matches perfectly...

ebay homelink visor

Can you advise if the headliner and visor color on your 10 Adrenalin (listed as lt. camel) is the same as the sand or parchment listed for the 08 Adrenalin?
I was doing some more research on mine if I have a problem with the mirror holding together, and the only thing Ford can advise is according to my vin number, the interior is all black,including the visors, headliner etc.
Also, would you give me a measurement of the length of the unit for a sunroof unit so I can try to determine the difference of one with and one without the sunroof. The unit you picked up on ebay has dual vanity lights and it appears to have a chrome shaft at the hinge. As far as I can tell, the standard visor has one light and a plastic hinge or cover over the hinge.
Thanks

yes, I believe the color is the same, they just changed the name between years.

the original visor in my '10 had the same style chrome shaft, and I believe it also had the dual lights on the mirror.

I can try to get you the measurements, but the length is more limited by the overhead console, which all ST's have the same shape overhead console sunroof or not..

Does the original passenger side have the dual mirrors and the slider shaft?

Does the original passenger side have the dual mirrors and the slider shaft?

sorry just saw this.. yes the passenger side also has dual lighted mirror and a chrome slider shaft, just like the drivers side. is yours different?

The earlier models are different. Mine has a single light in the vanity mirror.I decided to get the one that you ordered as a backup in case my mirror broke loose again(so far so good). I also found a pair of used units on ebay for a 2010 model(they listed the color as grey, but it is the lt. camel color that we purchased with the homelink installed) I took the used drivers side unit apart and Ford apparantly changed the design of the core underneath the fabric.The older units were a plastic clamshell that could be taken apart and revamped with the homelink unit. The new version is a black styrofoam similar to the cushion behind the urethane bumper covers

Back