2007 Sport trac headlight bulb removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport trac headlight bulb removal

Greg Christian

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville Al.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change the headlight bulbs on a 2007 Sport Trac. My hands to fat to get behind it. I hope if I take the 3 bolts loose that holds haedlight it will it slide out far enough to take bulb out. Please dont tell me I have to remove battery and air box. There has to be easier way Thanks Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, the only way is to remove the top two bolts, and LOOSEN the bottom one. Then the headlight assembly will slide out.

Thanks that what I found out

Hey thats what I did took maybe 10 minutes aside. This has to be the easiest yet . No more reaching thru a hole and trying to get bulb out .Great difference from stock bulbs Highly recommend. Thanks for the reply Greg

So what kind of bulbs did you use? I have all Nokya bulbs and love them.

Silverstar Bulbs

I used the Silverstar bulbs. I used these in a Ranger I had was very satisfied with them. I live kinda in the country here in Alabama not many street lights. These work well on dark roads also helps in deer crossing the road. Side coverage is very good. I may try the your brand next time Thanks Greg

I kept the stock headlights but added Silverstar turn signal bulbs because the blue tint looks cool. They light up amber though.

IMG_1624.JPG

Would anyone know how to replace the headlight bulbs in a 2008 sport Trac. I'm trying figure out if I will any special tools, before I dig into it. I sure it should be a couple of screws.

Back