2008 Explorer AC issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer AC issue

bcmurphymo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ford explorer xlt v6
I have a 2008 explorer XLT v6. When the ac is on and the engine comes under a load (going uphill, increase in speed, etc) the ac no longer blows through the dash vents, but through the defroster. I am sure it is a vacuum issue but have no vacuum schematics, but wondering if this a common problem for fords that has a known solution, to save me a lot of time and money. Potentially the vacuum reservoir maybe cracked, is it located behind the dash? if so, which side? Any easy vacuum check to be made in the engine compartment first?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is more that likely one of two issues, One it the hoses that go into the vacuum canister behind the glove box are leaking or the one way check valve under the hood is not working correctly!

f46bc225-8187-44ea-8409-008ce1aba7a2.jpg

Just to add to Polizi212's info, there is a vacuum schematic posted around here somewhere for the HVAC system you just need to search for it. I believe it is somewhere in a blend door post in the last year.

FYI the part number for that Check Valve is Ford part number XR32-19A563-AA or Motorcraft part number YG360. I paid $15.12 for it at my local dealer. it is available from rock auto and amazon.com too!

2008 explorer ac vacuum issue

Thank both of you for the info. I hope it is as cheap and easy as the check valve.

I have the exact same issue and did not get a response. Thank you. Let me know what fixes it for you please.

Back