2008 Explorer hi/low HID kit error messages | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer hi/low HID kit error messages

I had to install resistors for it to not throw a warning message. I have an 07 explorer sport trac and really the only way that I was able to get it to not throw the message was to have resistors. You can find the ones I used here (its the 50 watt ones)

thanks for the information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am ordering a 35watt bi xenon kit from hidnation.com they have a lifetime warranty on hid kits the also have cancelors and everything. Do you guys know if you need cancelors for the fog lights also ?

I am ordering a 35watt bi xenon kit from hidnation.com they have a lifetime warranty on hid kits the also have cancelors and everything. Do you guys know if you need cancelors for the fog lights also ?

Let us know if you have any trouble with hid kit( example, headlight warning bulb out). I Plan to buy some hid kit real soon for my explorer.

I don't think you need it for fog lights. I reason I say this because one of regular fog light bulbs just went bad last night and I didn't get no "light out" message on dash. any progress on your hid kit???

i know exactly what is the problem. i had the same issue on my car and i fixed it. it did cost me a new kit. let me tell you the problem. your bi-xenon hid kit relay get only plug on one side of the car and not on both. if you want to remove the lamp out error on the dash. you need to find a bi-xenon kit that get plug on each side of the car. i found one side selling the kit. the website url is xenonhidconversionkit.com. i ordered from them. they are professional. they know everything of xenon. the h13 kit they sell have 55w resistors on each side with a special relay that get plug on each side. order the kit from them and i guarantee you 100% it will work. let me know if you have any question concerning installation or anything related to hid kit.

you should look into the direct plug in bi-xenon kit for your HID's verses running the resistor setup on the wires. The hot resistor is normal, i dont like how hot it gets but I do appreciate how efficient it works.

Back