2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT (lift kit)???? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT (lift kit)????

iI'm pretty sure you're wrong there. A) we have independent rear suspension now and B) our half shafts go through the frame. Basically the same issues with the 06+ Explorers.

There is a guy on cardomain that body lifted his gen2 STA. Personally...since it's an STA...I thought it looked stupid.

RoadBully and I already figured out it will work. Suspensions are the same.
And the axle shafts also go through the frame on 02-05 Explorers. (I am a Ford dealer technician, BTW)
I also agree the ADRENALINE looked weird lifted, since it has ground effects, would look better lowered. But to each his own. I plan on lifting my 07XLT 2" F&R eventually as money allows. Only problem i have with TRUXXX kit is only 1.25" in rear, not worth the money IMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's so weird cause I'm looking at a used 02 explorer we are going to wholesale and it has a solid rear axle. Unlike my 08 STA that has independent rear suspension...

RoadBully's spacers work

Just got my '08 Trac back from the shop with a 2" RoadBully lift....looks awesome!

Now if I could just figure out how to post pics.....

I just installed the Truxxx kit on Friday and put a new set of shoes on yesterday.
I gonna start a new thread, but wanted everyone who is subscribed to this thread to know.

Just got my '08 Trac back from the shop with a 2" RoadBully lift....looks awesome!

Now if I could just figure out how to post pics.....

NEED THOSE PICS>>>ANYONE CARE TO HELP HIM OUT? Sorry, but I am not computer saavy.

RoadBully Lift

Pics are posted on Karma's thread

I haven't done any research, but rockymountainsuspension.com says they offer a lift for 07 and up.

Yeah, that's still TRUXXX. It's just rocky mountain selling the TRUXXX kit.

Hi

Been awhile.

Hi

Been awhile. Getting a Truxxx lift and 275/70 18 BFG ATKO's this weekend. Sounds outstanding and my mechanic say's no-problem. New shocks all round so ride should also be very nice. Will post picks this weekend. Wow, feels good to do what I want again! Great to talk with you all again. Divorce sucks, but life after is so good!! LOL

FordxMan, you have to post pics when you get those tires mounted! Can't wait!

I will. Can't wait to see it. Got a good picture in my mind but the real thing will be to good. I love my Sport Trac and this will make it so bad/cool.

So. I talked to my 4x4 shop and they cautioned me I may get some odd vibration running the truck with the 2" lift. This thread still has no pictures. I see the Truxxx kit is a 2 1/2" front and 1 1/4" rear lift.

My tire guy I went to high school with 35 years ago said I can run some 255/70 16 for a good one inch lift with out clearance problems. I do not mind a occasional bump from clearances.

Back