2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT (lift kit)???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT (lift kit)????

loinclothsailor

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac XLT
i have a 2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4X2. it came with P245/65R17 A/S Owl Tires. the tires i have are from my trade in (only 2mos old). LT265/70 R17 112/109R BF Goodrich Baja All Terrain tires. i was informed the tires would rub while turning and mess up my front wheel well. i need to know if there is a lift kit or manufacturer any one could recommend to help me out...I just don't want $900 tires sitting in my storage :( !!!!!! any info would be great thanks everyone...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have not seen any lifts for this vehicule. I have 18" rims, and have upsized to 265/65-18 tires. They rub only a little bit in reverse when at full turned. Had the dealer reprogram the computer.:p:

hmm....might try that...thanks..man ...but still if anyone can help out with a "lift" or manufacturer for this sport trac ..it will really be appreciated...thanks for the response...:confused::)

No lift kits out there. But I know some of the guys with 02+ Explorers (similar suspension I believe) are buying longer coils from a company, getting 1-2" of lift. Search a bit, but that's probably your best (only) bet.

thanks..e-mailed rancho...about my explorer sport trac and will ask some local dealers about the '02 explorer supensions...thanks all who replied..will be back with an update...

I'm looking for roughly the same thing for my 07, Sailor. I just want an inch or two/or to just level the truck out...Some options I've heard:
1. A coil-over conversion
2. Body lift
3. And now above, the 02 Explorer suspension route.

If anyone has had any experience with any of these routes, I'd very much like to hear their thoughts and input.

You are pretty limited in how much you can lift the suspension because the rear halfshafts go through holes in the framerails. Even if you could lift it some, I'm not sure how much you could adjust the camber so the tires would wear right.
A body lift would be best for the '07-'08 but I'm not aware of anybody who makes one.
Casual observation tells me that you could fit a slightly bigger tire than stock without lifting it, like maybe a 255/70-17.

umm... has anyone bothered to look at the rest of the forum?
In the 02-05 EXPLORER section there is a lot about lifts. Springs, body and strut spacers. They have the same exact suspension and frame as our 07-up Tracs do.

almost thought there wouldn't be any options left. thanks guys ..well it's 09 now maybe a kit is out there (probably not) but hope so :cool::D

almost thought there wouldn't be any options left. thanks guys ..well it's 09 now maybe a kit is out there (probably not) but hope so :cool::D

Look at the 2002-2005 Explorer section. Roadbully-offroad.com sells a kit for us.

2006 to 08 lift

I found this online in my own searching....I don't know if it works, but check it out for a lift on an 08 explorer, I assume it would also work on the Sport trac
www.fatbobsgarage.com

click on 2008 Ford Explorer and you will find it. Im going to give them a call to get some more info.....

Lift

I talked with the folks at fatbobsgarage and forwarded the suspension specs for my '08 to them. They in turn talked with the folks at TRUXX, and they advised me that this lift will work.

traxxx kit

I am getting the truxxx kit and nitto 265 70 17 put on next tuesday, i will post some pictures after i get it done

Lift

I plan to use Road Bully's spacers and should have them installed by the end of this month. I'm going to use the same size front and rear as I like the nose-down attitude OEM look.

Once I get all of the mods done and provided we get a couple days of decent weather (never a given this time of year in Pittsburgh...or rather Sixburgh :)) I'll get the Trac cleaned up and post some pics.

I am getting the truxxx kit and nitto 265 70 17 put on next tuesday, i will post some pictures after i get it done

How'd the install go? Have any pics yet?
Got my Truxx kit in, but not installed, waiting on tires now.......

How'd the install go? Have any pics yet?
Got my Truxx kit in, but not installed, waiting on tires now.......

Got it all done the other day, came out good. It looks like a truck now....I will post some pictures later in the week when the weather clears up in CA. Side note.... the shop that did it for me said it was alot tougher install than they thought it was going to be.

I have pics, my computer is not cooperating, anybody wants pics of the lift and tires, just shoot me your email in a message and and I will email them directly to you.....

umm... has anyone bothered to look at the rest of the forum?
In the 02-05 EXPLORER section there is a lot about lifts. Springs, body and strut spacers. They have the same exact suspension and frame as our 07-up Tracs do.

iI'm pretty sure you're wrong there. A) we have independent rear suspension now and B) our half shafts go through the frame. Basically the same issues with the 06+ Explorers.

There is a guy on cardomain that body lifted his gen2 STA. Personally...since it's an STA...I thought it looked stupid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you are correct the 02-05 kits and lifts will not work on 07 and 08 tracs, it is a different set up as stated above.... the Truxxx kit is the only option avail right now..... also the shop I used said the Road Bully's will not work on 07 and 08 either. I cant confirm this I am just going off what the shop told me.

Back