2008, how to add an amp and subs to stock head unit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008, how to add an amp and subs to stock head unit

sounds like an upgraded audio system you might have an amp.... you might be better off just running new wires instead of locating the amp and figuring out what wires do what so they can be spliced together

Ive done the trial and error process over the years... so I have it down for any car/truck I could ever own... I did all the factory plugs so I didn't have to track down wiring like on my 99 f150 or 98 explorer that I also had to do an amp delete... 2 channel LOC's are less than 4 channel and try to buy an amp that says CEA2006 and stay away from ones that do not... the amp you linked would be lucky to get 200 watts of clean power... I tested a friends boss cx3500 and it was only able to put out 600watts @ 2ohm... if you keep the factory head unit then you will probably have to track down the 4 wires for the rear speakers and either splice in or t-tap those for the LOC... if you are just adding a sub then you will probably open Pandoras box and then realize the factory door speaker blow and want to upgrade and then 15watts rms from any head unit will not power the upgraded speakers... lol.... I have a build thread on here of what I just did over the last month... head unit, doors, 4ch, monoblock, 12" sub and box I built and all the wiring all I need to do is cover the box and I am done... most of my equipment is carry over from my last 2 cars only thing I bought for this build is the 6.5 comps in the front doors and my DC audio lvl3 12" and all wiring and speaker plates

I have a 2007 sport trac limited with the built in sub, and i want to delete the factory sub and amp. How would i go about adding in the RCA's and remote wire, due to the fact that i want to keep my in dash nav touch screen head unit.

Thanks, Andrew

I have a 2007 sport trac limited with the built in sub, and i want to delete the factory sub and amp. How would i go about adding in the RCA's and remote wire, due to the fact that i want to keep my in dash nav touch screen head unit.

Thanks, Andrew
patch in a loc "line out converter" on the rear speakers either from the back of the radio or in the b-pillars before entering the doors and for a remote find an amp with a soft turn on feature or tap into a keyed power source

Back