2008 sport trac line in not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 sport trac line in not working.

cmancha

Reaction score
City, State
chula vista, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer sport trac
Hello all I upgraded my 08' trac and my line in isn't working. I can run a line from my new deck but I like to plug my phone in when I drive. Is there any way to do this. Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it's a after market radio. Is there anyway to use the linein stil or is the feature lost? It really came in handy. My iPod is hooked up in the glove box but I keep different songs on my phone and like to plug into that time to time.

I think you'll need to get the sync adapter to retain most factory features.

If there is no input on your aftermarket deck then no you have no line in. Even with the Metra adapter you are SOL. Your only option is to get an inline modulator then you can run it through the FM. Not a fan of these, because I think they sound like crap but to each their own.

I think I'll try the sync adapter. I don't like the fm thing I've tried it in the past and don't like the quality of sound it produces. Thanks guys

Back