2008 SPORTRAC - BACKUP CAMERA AND RADIO | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 SPORTRAC - BACKUP CAMERA AND RADIO

Hi. I am Evelyn. I have had 3 sportracs and have loved everyone. Currently have 2008 and want to install backup camera system with enhanced radio. Any suggestions???
We put a Sony XAV-AX1000 6.2" with carplay and SXM
We got a TEBPC back up camera too
It came with a remote.

We had it installed by a local company called Creative Car Audio, Installed with tax, it cost us $326.99 As I recall, the stereo was on sale.
It's in my wife's 2008 Sport Trac Limited. It works as well as the back up camera's in our 2 F-150's. VERY CLEAR.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ruth, did you find a stereo yet??

Update, the latch that I installed ~ 2 years ago recently broke. New one ordered to replace the broken one, Econut Backup Camera

It breaks in the location shown on the attached picture because there is a sharp internal corner that concentrates stress when the latch is operated. It will break there after so many cycles, then you have some work to do to get the tailgate open without damaging it. The new one is from the same mold as the broken one, so it will likely break if not reinforced. I used wood flour/epoxy that I have from boat building, a putty like JB Weld would work here also. Make sure you build up some radius at this sharp internal corner to reduce stress and make the part much stronger.

Camera is excellent, better than what Ford put on my 2016 Mustang and 2020 Edge

FD3505 Image.jpg

FD3505 Break Location.jpg

FD3505 Reinforce.jpg

I need to look at replacing my backup camera Paul.
The one I installed is the same style as what you did.
Not sure if it's the extreme temp cyclying that it has experienced over the few years or what, but the picture is washed out/over saturated.
Need something that is more resilient, but the image used to be very nice originally....
temp cycling in winter -30C > +20C daily (outside to underground parking)

Likely water got in it.

Back