'08 Radio / Backup Cam Recommendation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'08 Radio / Backup Cam Recommendation

SBOT

Reaction score
City, State
Stamford
Year, Model & Trim Level
XLT '08 Explorer
Happy Thanksgiving!

I've seen threads asking about installing navigation systems and enhancing their Eddie Bauer radios but I am simply looking for a recommendation for a radio system that is going to replace my 08's factory one which will let me us an aux cord and have a display to select my apps (Apple Phone looking to use Google Maps)

Second recommendation I am looking for, is a good rearview backup camera product preferably wireless.

I've seen ones that use solar for the camera in back and connect wirelessly to a display that they mount to the dash. I would prefer not to have another item on the dash that's why I am looking for a mirror one.

Open to all suggestions and any youtubes you may recomend for installation.

Thanks

I don’t have your exact setup you are looking for, but thought I’d describe what I did in your situation.

3 years ago on Black Friday I pulled the trigger on a Kenwood Audio deck with CarPlay from Best Buy. The deck AND install came to $400. I went to crutchfield.com and mirrored the order for what they requested for a similar install to avoid purchasing higher parts from Best Buy and give me options. This was the single greatest upgrade (CarPlay) to my 2007 XLT, and definitely extended the life of the Explorer in my family.

Some of the rear camera installs *may* come with a similar free installation. If you had a new audio deck, it could feed directly to it.

Check out the sales tomorrow, and good luck!

I was curious as to what deals were around. The odds look like they are in your favor!

C124571D-BE1B-4578-A8F0-8D298BABC36E.png

I was curious as to what deals were around. The odds look like they are in your favor!

View attachment 324798

Thanks very much!

I've been trolling through these, the only unknowns I'm running through is what kind of dash kit for the one I pickneed and or what kind of wiring harness as well.

I think to get around this I will check it out on crutchfield and see what they are throwing in then pick up those pieces and the radio from somewhere else for the deal.

Back