2009 Mahindra Appalachian diesel pickup | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Mahindra Appalachian diesel pickup

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Anybody heard of this?

dieselhybrid_opt.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/11/mahindra-appalachian-diesel-pickup-arrives-in-us-next-year-dies/

Indian automaker Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. will shake up the U.S. truck market next year when it introduces a new midsize pickup called the Appalachian sporting a 2.2L four-cylinder diesel engine producing around 150 horsepower and 300 pound feet of torque. Speaking with Mike Levine from Pickuptruck.com, John Perez, the CEO of Atlanta-based importer Global Vehicles U.S.A. that's aiding Mahindra's entry into the U.S. market, revealed that the truck will deliver 30 to 35 miles per gallon and cost in the mid-$20,000 range. It will be paired with a six-speed automatic that's controlled via a floor-mounted shifter or paddle shifters(!), have a class-leading payload of 2,600 lbs. and feature a 60,000-mile, four year bumper-to-bumper warranty.

More information here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it.
although the cab line looks like a chevy luv--

and the grill screams jeep. I'm trying to figure out where the headlights are from-

i agree, the headlights maybe a Hyundai?

that looks like a Jeep wrangler mixed with an H3 and a little Suzuki styling to go along with it.

It kinda reminds me of those off-road utility vehicles, not so much a street vehicle.

It looks like an old school Land Rover. Like from 70's and early 80's

It looks ugly IMO. Kinda reminds me of the old jeep trucks

The platform looks good, as do the Torque & HP numbers.

Different sheet metal would make it much more attractive though. It looks like an early 'yota with a Hyundai front end.

Has this passed Federal safety testing yet? That can be a big obstacle to importing vehicles. (Defender, Early Smart Cars, etc...)

$20k for that thing? You have to be kidding me.
I'd give them $5k tops.

I wonder if that's the same engine they use in their farm trcators.

Looks like a Ford Courier to me. :D

I'd love a diesel compact/midsize truck, but I'm not sure if I'd trust a new, Indian car manufacturer

They arent a new company, just new to the US automobile market. Their tractors are extremely popular here in the south- my dad owns one and it is awesome. There are more Mahindra dealerships here than John Deere or the other american brands.

Back