• Register Today It's free!

2010 4.6L Trans? ^R60 or 6R80?

psycareyo

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA Supercharged
I've crawled all around under my Sport Trac Adrenalin trying to figure out if I have a 6R60 or 6R80 trans. I can't find ANY info on what trans were used and when. There is a theory out there that the 09+ are all 6R80.

The only think I couldn't see was a sticker on the tran that read "4.6L 4X4" but it was to close to the cat to read without cooking my face or melting the screen on my iPhone (take video and then review findings method for small places)

So does anyone have or can you llink me to definitive proof as to what trans came in the 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin AWD V8!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definiely 6R80

6R80 since early 2008

Where would the 6R80 be noted on the actual trans?

6R60 or 6R80 trans, much difference?

Good question.

Still wondering...

me too.

crickets chirping....

Just about impossible to find any info on these. Frustrating as there are what a million plus of these in vehicles by now???

They are a great transmission but I think ford is keeping everything under their thumb because of some clear shifting problems that have followed the 6R60 into the 6R80. Even the mighty Raptor experiences the shift bump issues lol.

The 2 trannys must be nearly identical.

To me the shift bump (2-1) issue is no big deal, since the reflash on my 07 eliminated the problem.

Enter your VIN number on Ford Part's website. It'll tell you what transmission you have.

Back