2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

Ford still has not solved my wind noise issue with Bluetooth, paired other phones same problem, was fine with 2.7, once they did 2.8 is when this problem started, Ford is denying (both dealer and 800 Number) that there is any problem with the bluetooth, but take a ride in my vehicle and you can clearly hear there is a problem, others on the other end can not hear / understand my phone conversation, the faster I go the worse it gets, parked sounds great, 70 mph aweful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford still has not solved my wind noise issue with Bluetooth, paired other phones same problem, was fine with 2.7, once they did 2.8 is when this problem started, Ford is denying (both dealer and 800 Number) that there is any problem with the bluetooth, but take a ride in my vehicle and you can clearly hear there is a problem, others on the other end can not hear / understand my phone conversation, the faster I go the worse it gets, parked sounds great, 70 mph aweful.
So - I gotta ask - do you have the window(s) down while making your calls at 70 mph?

NO the windows and sunroof are completely closed.

Mine works fine at all speeds (0-80mph).
I have an iPhone 4 and 2.8.

NO the windows and sunroof are completely closed.

:D Had to ask.

I'd find a friend with an iPhone and get them to pair up and see if it exhibits the same behavior as the droids. If it has the same issue, then they need to fix your MFT/Sync.

Let me clarify.... the incoming sound is great. It is what people on the other end are hearing. When I call my wife (she drives the EX) it sounds like she is in a wind tunnel at anything over 30mph. Windows up, Sunroof closed, AC off.... UGH....

Received calls sound great also, it is my voice inside the vehicle to others that is the problem they can hardly hear me and since made the bluetooth option useless at highway speeds.

Moo26, RSERCOA, & the bishop, I can understand how disruptive a noise like this would be, and I would like to see if there is some way I can help. So I can do this, please send me a private message with your VIN, dealer name and approximate mileage.

DMesk, I have your Explorer’s details from previous communications, so message me if you are still experiencing this issue.

Cory

To All those who are having the noise issue with Bluetooth, any chance they resolved your issue and how????

Thanks,

Ford is denying (both dealer and 800 Number) that there is any problem with the bluetooth, but take a ride in my vehicle and you can clearly hear there is a problem, others on the other end can not hear / understand my phone conversation, the faster I go the worse it gets, parked sounds great, 70 mph aweful.

So take a ride in your Explorer and call Ford CS! :) If they won't acknowledge the issue - SHOW them! Start your call at 0 M.P.H. and explain what you are doing. Then accelerate and let them monitor the quality.

It's possible that your microphone may be bad. My callers have not reported any noise. Granted, I don't use it a ton, but it seems to be working for me.

I will call and leave a voice mail message for myself on my home phone today and find out.

Has anyone solved the Bluetooth issue? I have a Droid X and a Droid connected to the Bluetooth and the sound is horrible!!!! I love this Explorer and have no other issues, but it really sounds like you are in a wind tunnel....

For those with problems with the Droid X, try checking the "enhanced stereo" option in your bluetooth settings.

Additionally, there is a software update for your phone. 2.2.3 I think? Try upgrading and see.

Warning though - I upgraded and now I sometimes have to press the synch button twice to call (it says "Calling Home at Home", but then nothing happens and the MFT screen says - "Call ended". The next time I try it everything works fine.) Also, try the enhanced stereo first, as I cannot seem to find it now that I upgraded

To All those who are having the noise issue with Bluetooth, any chance they resolved your issue and how????

Thanks,
Have you had a chance to try any of jrmexplorer’s suggestions? If you’d like to speak with an agent over the phone, you can also call the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3). They’ll troubleshoot with you to help resolve the issue.

Cory

Mine works as well as any I've had in the past. I have a Droid and a Storm.
It's just as much the phone's fault as it is the car. Some calls are better than others. It's no different on Mercedes or Porsche. Bluetooth gets the job done and it's the best there is unless you want to have a hard-mount phone installed like in the '80's. There's nothing wrong with our system; it works exactly like it's supposed to.

I have a SPRINT EVO and one friend complains about how noisy it is. He recorded it and he is right. My ATT he said is not quite as bad but it's still there. They put the mic in the roof where it was in the mirror in my 08. I wonder if that is the problem. There is no insulation around the mic.:usa:

I'm not familiar with that phone, but you may be able to increase the level of your outgoing voice by increasing the volume on your phone while you are on a BT call.

The Bluetooth sound quality was great for the first three months after we took delivery of our 2011, until we had the Sync software upgraded to a newer version last month. Since then the noise cancelling function is not working. People on the other end have great difficulty hearing us over the road noise. The problem goes away when the vehicle is stopped, although it sounds like the driver is sitting a little too far from the mic.

RKLINE,
That is the same time that my issues developed when they did the update from 2.7 to 2.8, FORD and the dealer are both telling me now that this "noise" is normal, I tell them it is not "normal" and was not present before the update, so who knows when they will find a fix for this and I have esculated my issue but esculation is telling me the same thing the dealer is telling me that this "noise" is "normal", funny how so many others do not have this problem and I do.

R

I to called the Ford service and they told me it sounded like I was calling from a car. They are willing to troubleshoot. Others have told me it sounds like I am in a upside odwn tornado. I am hoping the "Big" update in July will fix it Not holding my breath, What I do think is that there noise is from too much road noise. THe roads here in Illinois are not quite. I get the same road noise from my headset. Not nearly as bad but its there.
I wonder how many people have the issue and 20" Hancock tires? I do think there is too much road noise but the noise cancellation software should work. It dont The rest of my 2.7 sync functions well. No major issues after 1 lock up.pulled 29 fuse and all has been well.

RKINLE, have you had a chance to call and speak with an agent on the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) for troubleshooting? They can help with isolating the concern and help determine the best next steps. If you’d like me to lend a hand, please feel free to send me a message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

RSERCOA, if your case was already escalated, please don’t hesitate to send me the info I mentioned above if you’d like my help.

DMesk, I already have your Explorer’s info from previous messages so keep us in the loop as you troubleshoot the issue and feel free to drop me a line as well.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Add me to those complaining about road noise on the receiving end of calls made from my Explorer. People I call can hardly hear me with the wind tunnel effect they get. Is this something that Ford will fix or do we have to start a parade to the lemon law?

Back