2011 Explorer driver's seat feels hot after sitting in it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer driver's seat feels hot after sitting in it

ThreeFords

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer base m
I just got a new-for-me 2011 Explorer XLT. I love it -- it's an amazing upgrade from my 1998 Explorer. However, the leather driver's seat feels amazingly hot to me -- like a wool blanket. I was sweating through my t-shirt and shorts after a short errand, and I had the A/C turned on.

Looking at the seats in my 1998 Explorer, I can see they are perforated with thousands of holes. The seats in my 2011 Explorer are not. Could this be the difference?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum ThreeFords.:wavey:
Do you have heated seats? (Other than your own!:D) Perhaps the heated seats were turned on.

Peter

The hot seat problem is certainly common, at least with me. We have two 2011 Explorer's XLT, both with leather, and both seats get hot from just sitting in them.

I suspect what you suspect. No perforation in the seats to let them breathe.

On really hot days, down here in the south, we put a towel over them, and that mitigates the sweating problem. Not the nicest looking, but it works.

Enjoy your Ex. We have for 3 years now. Love 'em.

I'd like to verify that the seat heaters are not on. Can I pull the fuses just for seat heaters?

The switches for the seats should indicate if they are on. I think the fuse you would want to pull is #28 (Climate Controlled Seats) in the fuse panel in the engine compartment.

Peter

Back