2011 Ford Explorer Steering Wheel Tugs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Steering Wheel Tugs?

Justyman87

2011 Ford Explorer Owner!
Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I am just curious on if anyone else has this issue. I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited and every time I turn the wheel fully to a certain side it starts pulling back automatically against my control. I feel as if the car is telling me I am turning the wheel to much but yet thing it shouldn’t pull back as hard as it does. Is this because of the self park system or something else? Does anyone else have this issue?

Just to be clear I am not saying on all turning just when I like really turn the wheel all the way.
- Justin

I am just curious on if anyone else has this issue. I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited and every time I turn the wheel fully to a certain side it starts pulling back automatically against my control. I feel as if the car is telling me I am turning the wheel to much but yet thing it shouldn’t pull back as hard as it does. Is this because of the self park system or something else? Does anyone else have this issue?

Just to be clear I am not saying on all turning just when I like really turn the wheel all the way.
- Justin
Can't say I've noticed that on mine Justin. Is it only when turning in one direction or both? Does it do it also when backing up with the wheel tuned the same way?

Peter

Can't say I've noticed that on mine Justin. Is it only when turning in one direction or both? Does it do it also when backing up with the wheel tuned the same way?

Peter

I honestly think its just the wheel doing what the wheel is suppose to do but just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue or noticed it It happens on both and usually happens when i’m pulling out of a tight spot that needs the wheel turned fully or backing into one. It is almost like the car telling me you are overturning the wheel Justin. The car drives fine and everything just curious.
- Justin

Back