• Register Today It's free!

2011+ Wheel specs

LeFurg

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Fusion SE
Hey does anybody know first hand what the OEM wheel specs are on the 2011+ explorers?

The 17" is this:
7.5" width (7.5J)
+40mm offset
5.82" back spacing

5x114 lug pattern
2.5" center hole

I know the 18" are 8.0" wide (8.0J) and both sets of 20" are 8.5" wide (8.5J).

What are the 18", 20" standard and 20" optional specs - what I really need to know is the:
---Offset
---Backspacing

of the wheels listed above.

Can anybody help me? Are the offsets the same as the 17"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey does anybody know first hand what the OEM wheel specs are on the 2011+ explorers?

The 17" is this:
7.5" width (7.5J)
+40mm offset
5.82" back spacing

5x114 lug pattern
2.5" center hole

I know the 18" are 8.0" wide (8.0J) and both sets of 20" are 8.5" wide (8.5J).

What are the 18", 20" standard and 20" optional specs - what I really need to know is the:
---Offset
---Backspacing

of the wheels listed above.

Can anybody help me? Are the offsets the same as the 17"?
Sorry, I don't have the info you are looking for. If it helps at all, I'm currently running the base model 17" steel wheels on my 2011 Limited in place of the OEM 20" wheels. No problems at all. Will be putting the 20's back on at the end of the month unless much more snow is forecast.
Just thought I'd throw that in since you don't say why you need the info and might be looking at swapping wheels. No adjustments were necessary.

Peter

No, it's not swapping explorer rims for, say Edge rims or one size for the next. It's aftermarket wheels. Offsets on aftermarket wheels can vary greatly from oem.

I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody else has asked about this kind of info.

Based on what you said peter, my guess is offset on 20" is either +38 or +40. I think either one is fine. Cool, thanks.

No, it's not swapping explorer rims for, say Edge rims or one size for the next. It's aftermarket wheels. Offsets on aftermarket wheels can vary greatly from oem.

I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody else has asked about this kind of info.

Based on what you said peter, my guess is offset on 20" is either +38 or +40. I think either one is fine. Cool, thanks.
Have you checked out www.1010tires.com ? They have a tire offset calculator. Not sure if that would be of any assistance or not. I use that site all the time when comparing tire sizes and looking for tire reviews by customers.
Good luck.

Peter

While deciding on winter wheels, I complied some specs and thought I'd update this thread

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3/4.5"

20" Standard Wheel (not the chrome one):
20x8.5
+44mm offset

Police Interceptor Wheel (steel, 5-spoke):
18x8
+42mm offset

If you're shopping for new wheels and want to know how much further the wheels will stick out, or retract, use an offset calculator like this, you just need to know wheel width and offset: http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html

While deciding on winter wheels, I complied some specs and thought I'd update this thread

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3/4.5"

20" Standard Wheel (not the chrome one):
20x8.5
+44mm offset

I heard that the 2015 X-Sport had 9" width wheels, not 8.5" does that sound correct?

Back