• Register Today It's free!

2013 base possible oil leak 3.5L

dgr6853

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Lincoln aviator
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with ANY kind of oil leaks. I am headed into a meeting and was running late otherwise I would have taken a closer look. However, it goes without saying that as I was pulling out of my drive way this morning and saw a small spot on the drive way. My wife put her finger in it and it was clear but sticky. I was in the drive thru at Starbucks about 20 minutes later and saw a bunch of small puddles (not sure if they were mine, but likely). In any case I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone has had anything similar.

The car is brand new. We bought it on mothers day and only has 1800 miles on it. obviously it is a 2013 base with the 3.5l and didnt show any driveability issues this morning or the previous days.

However, the car has had a smell when I would push it hard. I just thought the smell was cause it was brand new and that it was that "beat on new car smell"<---just something that my buddies and I have noticed on new cars....in any case the smell went away and was always more pronounced when the AC was running and I tached it out.

Who has any thoughts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with ANY kind of oil leaks. I am headed into a meeting and was running late otherwise I would have taken a closer look. However, it goes without saying that as I was pulling out of my drive way this morning and saw a small spot on the drive way. My wife put her finger in it and it was clear but sticky. I was in the drive thru at Starbucks about 20 minutes later and saw a bunch of small puddles (not sure if they were mine, but likely). In any case I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone has had anything similar.

The car is brand new. We bought it on mothers day and only has 1800 miles on it. obviously it is a 2013 base with the 3.5l and didnt show any driveability issues this morning or the previous days.

However, the car has had a smell when I would push it hard. I just thought the smell was cause it was brand new and that it was that "beat on new car smell"<---just something that my buddies and I have noticed on new cars....in any case the smell went away and was always more pronounced when the AC was running and I tached it out.

Who has any thoughts.
Not sure what that might be but I wouldn't say that oil is clear or sticky.

Peter

I don't have my Explorer yet, but I can say my other two cars will leak water from the A/C system on humid days. Here in Phoenix we run the A/C a lot, right now the humidity is under 10%, but late summer when it goes up both my cars will drip water like crazy if the A/C is on. Sometimes it won't leak until I go up an incline link my driveway. Because the pavement isn't clean, it might not always look like water.

You might closely watch your other fluid levels, just in case you are leaking antifreeze or something over than oil. I had that happen on my Jetta (happens often on coolant hose near turbo)

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with ANY kind of oil leaks...
dgr6853,

I want to lend a hand with getting this checked out by arranging a call from your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, and dealer details.

Cory

Theres a PTU leak TSB out there. Check under your car for any oil leaks of any sort near where your transmission torque strap mount is. My dealer told me that it should smell like brown sugar or something.

well for now there is no new fluids on the floor. My gut is telling me that it was condensed water from the air conditioner that had pooled and when when I moved the car it drained. I will climb down there but not today cause its 111 degrees today in Stockton, CA.

Back