Love our 2013 base model explorer!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Love our 2013 base model explorer!!!!

karentoby1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Base m
:exp::thumbsup::):eek::D:confused::p::smoke::chug::notworthy:dpchug::party::popcorn:
Like the song by "CINDERELLA", "NEVER KNOW WHAT CHA GOT, TILL ITS GONE"
We finally have our 2013 Explorer back and we are just LOVING IT!
i'm getting very excited to take a long trip in it in 2 weeks! i get to try out the newly improved 3rd row seats-which BTW-[to poke at certain individuals]-come in handy with a full load of passengers and luggage-otherwise not used during the work week-except the huge cargo area.
I was disappointed when i learned that this generation Explorer was turned into a Taurus base-but was i ever wrong! it really is a much bigger version-eng/tranny/chassis, and interior. there is so much more room to relax now-compared to the generation before this-and the ride is like HEAVEN!
AND what really makes a difference is...i used to complain to my significant other about her driving habits-and she refuses to let me drive her vehicle, so i HAVE to cope, but now i could care less what she does! I noticed that she drives much more sensibly NATURALLY, i think because of a much improved ****pit layout and elbow room, not to mention our relationship has improved 100% riding together and carries on to the house! this may seem silly-but i bet many of you have similar thoughts. of course i think i'm the best driver in the world and everyone else isn't good at all-but nobody likes my driving because i scare them, so there you go-even bull headed drivers like me can chill out riding in this vehicle! That's a huge improvement for my life! never thought a vehicle could improve the quality of my life-but now i believe it!

keep making improvements on these Explorers, FORD! they are very good forms of transportation!
p.s.-my dad sold fords in the early 60's and 70's while my mother was carrying me unborn-my whole family was in an 8mm video add for the then, brand new type of vehicle by Ford, the original BRONCO! the scene was Nauset Beach in Chatham, Cape Cod, Ma. i saw the 8 mm video-back then Broncos were much more rounded at the edges-more 50's style rather than a 60 or 70's style. you probably will never see that style on the road-more likely the sharp corner edge style of the late 60's early 70's that are more common than not.
But this concept started way back then! and really-the 1st Explorer was just like a Bronco 2. just thought i'd share that...its kinda cool to be part of something bigger-later-even if i wasn't born yet-i still existed at the time! lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is really some level of excitement you've got for your Explorer! Glad you're loving it so much!

Big “CONGRATS” and welcome to the forum. I know exactly how you feel about your new acquisition, I look forward to driving my Ex each and every time. My wife’s Ford product is a Lincoln MKT but, get this, I like the way the Explorer drives better! Note: I am seeing police Explorers all over the place both here and down south. Sales must be doing quite well.

PS: 'nice to see positive words for a change.

Wow! Here we go. The Fan Girl version of Peter............best of luck with your new ride.

Wow! Here we go. The Fan Girl version of Peter............best of luck with your new ride.
Just another happy member of the 'We Love Our Explorers' club. :D:thumbsup:

Peter

Lolololololol I couldn't help but to have laughed a bit..

Anyways, glad to hear that there is another fellow Explorer owner who loves their ride!!

I'm always happy to see such enthusiasm about Fords! As a reminder, you can always share thoughts about future improvements you like to see on the "Your Ideas" tab of http://social.ford.com. Post the link to your idea here so we can all vote on it! :)

Crystal

Glad you love your new sport utility vehicle. I really like the new 2011 and newer Explorers. I wish the AWD models came with low range gear boxes (Ford ditched them to save weight I think), but other than that I love the direction Ford is going with the Explorer. I drive a '96 with the German-built iron OHV 4.0 liter V-6 attached to an overdrive 4-speed (C3) automatic from France. It is old tech in many ways, but it also has ABS, four wheel disc brakes and many other modern options which were only available from the luxury brands of the time and Ford. Love it.

Back