2013 Explorer Sport Ordered | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Scott, when did you order your sport. I have a vin now, but no build date. Hopefully mine is on track for February as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We closed the deal with Berge Ford on January 7th in the early evening. I expect they placced the order on January 8th. The last thing they said to us was, "Okay, see you in six weeks." I asked him to call us when the vehicle ships to give us a little heads up. But waiting is always the hard part.

We're replacing my wife's Z4 and I have been keeping plenty busy pulling out all the shelving units in the garage to make room for this beast. Okay, it's not that big, but surprisingly bigger than the Z4 she's been driving. We were lucky enough to have been renting one (xlt) while my F350 was in the shop; we got to pull it in to the garage and see where the problems were gonna be. But when I'm not busy, I'm reading the forums and waiting for the Sport to come in, and lately, things have been slow around here.

So, long story short.....January 8, was probably the order date. We'll see how things shape up as we move forward here. I'm gonna keep in touch with Cory to get updates. That helps alot.

We ordered our Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport late on Monday Jan 7, and have been on edge (no pun intended) ever since.

Called the dealer yesterday for some info to send to Crystal, but the waiting is rough.

We waited 8 weeks for our Superduty and I don't remember it being this bad.

Read all the reviews, watched all the ecoboost and Ex vids online. Finally have a VIN. Hopefully it will only be the 6 weeks the dealer estimated.

Thanks for all the great stuff this site has to offer. It is great to read all the things going on in here with orders and experiences, etc. Really helps pass the time and we've learned a lot of great stuff, too.

Crystal,

I sent you a PM. We ordered or Sport on December 17th, but still no vin or delivery date. Can you help?

Hey folks!

I responded to your PMs, so you may want to check your inboxes for news from me. :thumbsup:

I will be heading to the dealers around Pittsburgh this weekend to hopefully place an order. Not looking forward to the 2-3 month wait for a Sport. :(

Hi 77rednecktruck,

I'm happy to keep an eye on your Explorer for you. Just send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you the details.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Crystal

Finally received the Vin # today! Still no build date.....Hopefully soon. Keeping the faith. Originally I was at the dealer to purchase the Explorer Sport at the beginning of Nov. The dealer already had one on order for their dealer stock. They thought it would be quicker to change the spec of the dealer stock one to what I wanted. When Nov 30 came and the vehicle had not, we finally placed a "customer order" with Ford. It's not official but I feel like I have been waiting since Nov 5!

I wanted to give Crystal a big THANK YOU for helping me and everyone who asked!

Finally received the Vin # today! Still no build date.....Hopefully soon. Keeping the faith. Originally I was at the dealer to purchase the Explorer Sport at the beginning of Nov. The dealer already had one on order for their dealer stock. They thought it would be quicker to change the spec of the dealer stock one to what I wanted. When Nov 30 came and the vehicle had not, we finally placed a "customer order" with Ford. It's not official but I feel like I have been waiting since Nov 5!

I wanted to give Crystal a big THANK YOU for helping me and everyone who asked!

You're so welcome, AdamLeathers! I'm sure this is just the first in a long series of good news you'll get in the coming weeks. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hi 77rednecktruck,

I'm happy to keep an eye on your Explorer for you. Just send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you the details.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Crystal

No need :)

I went to the dealer trying to order one and was all ready to order when the salesman decided to do one more check. He found a 13 Explorer sport in black with the 402a and the tow package which was exactly what I wanted. But this one had the moonroof, which I could care less about. They wanted the sale so they gave me 29000 for my 2011 Grand Cherokee v8 and got me a lease deal of 350 a month for 3 years at 15K miles. I couldn't be happier. I don't have to wait for a new build and got everything I wanted plus a big moonroof for less than what I was expecting to pay each month. I pick it up on Tuesday.

I went to the dealer trying to order one and was all ready to order when the salesman decided to do one more check. He found a 13 Explorer sport in black with the 402a and the tow package which was exactly what I wanted. But this one had the moonroof, which I could care less about. They wanted the sale so they gave me 29000 for my 2011 Grand Cherokee v8 and got me a lease deal of 350 a month for 3 years at 15K miles. I couldn't be happier. I don't have to wait for a new build and got everything I wanted plus a big moonroof for less than what I was expecting to pay each month. I pick it up on Tuesday.

Awesome news, 77rednecktruck! I hope you know that we'll all want to see pictures once your new Explorer comes home. :D

If you need anything in the future, just let me know!

Crystal

That's awesome. Sometimes it just comes together like that! Very cool. There are so few Sports out here in Phoenix that it is tough to even test drive one much less find one that has what you want in it. There was a nice one my wife finally got to test drive but it didn't have 402a in it. That wasn't gonna happen. At another dealer the guy ran around looking for a Sport he had just seen, that came in the day before and finally realized they sold it. It came in and was sold in less than 30 hours. He said some of the dealers aren't making it known they have any so they don't have to trade them away and can at least get customers to drive them and then order one.

You got lucky, man. I hope that truck brings you good luck the whole time you own it! You have a lucky truck.

It's gonna be another three weeks for ours I suspect. I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers from rainy Scottsdale,

Scott

Awesome news, 77rednecktruck! I hope you know that we'll all want to see pictures once your new Explorer comes home. :D

If you need anything in the future, just let me know!

Crystal

That's awesome. Sometimes it just comes together like that! Very cool. There are so few Sports out here in Phoenix that it is tough to even test drive one much less find one that has what you want in it. There was a nice one my wife finally got to test drive but it didn't have 402a in it. That wasn't gonna happen. At another dealer the guy ran around looking for a Sport he had just seen, that came in the day before and finally realized they sold it. It came in and was sold in less than 30 hours. He said some of the dealers aren't making it known they have any so they don't have to trade them away and can at least get customers to drive them and then order one.

You got lucky, man. I hope that truck brings you good luck the whole time you own it! You have a lucky truck.

It's gonna be another three weeks for ours I suspect. I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers from rainy Scottsdale,

Scott

Sadly, the dealer cannot get it like they said. I agreed to the deal on Saturday and he called me yesterday saying that the dealer will not trade for it. :(

I know they are hard to find but got excited when he told me they found one. Oh well, will keep looking and maybe just order one. If they can't find one by tomorrow I will order it.

I hope the order process goes well for you and everyone else!

Sadly, the dealer cannot get it like they said. I agreed to the deal on Saturday and he called me yesterday saying that the dealer will not trade for it. :(

I know they are hard to find but got excited when he told me they found one. Oh well, will keep looking and maybe just order one. If they can't find one by tomorrow I will order it.

I hope the order process goes well for you and everyone else!

Aww, that's tough news, 77rednecktruck. My offer still stands, though! If you end up ordering an Explorer, shoot me a PM with your order number/dealer name and I'll keep you up-to-date. :D

Thanks!

Crystal

sport.JPG

Here is my sport the day I picked her up (still waiting on the dealer installed accessories).

sport1.jpg

My half and I's side by side.

More pics will come once this weather breaks...

Overall impressions are that we both love these things....:)

Redneck I was right there with you, I thought I was getting one the week before Christmas. Was going to surprise my wife With it with a bow and everything, dealer told me they found one with the options and color I wanted but it had sunroof which we really didn't want but said what the hell and agreed on it, they said they were sending someone to go pick it up and we were going to meet Tuesday night. I called to confirm from the bank where I was getting a cashiers check, they said it had sold :( I then ordered one and am waiting for its arrival

Looks great tgunn but so does hers, a limited? How do you have plates on it already?? One thing I would love to customize when I get it would be the blue oval to black, I've seen it done on other vehicles, not entirely sure if it would be possible on this vehicle

Thanks Explorer4thewife..... Hers is a 4WD XLT in the White Platinum Tri-Coat with 202A, Dual Moon Roof, Navi, Power Tailgate, Tow, and 20" wheels.... all the things that mattered to her. Those are now actually plates but rather the Ohio Temp plates. I agree about the changing the Blue Oval to black, I have looked a little into that, haven't found the perfect solution for that just yet. But will keep looking.

...Overall impressions are that we both love these things....:)

Wow, tgunn_ocs! My overall impression is that I love 'em, too! Thanks for sharing the pictures; now go and have some adventures in your new rides!

Crystal

Aww, that's tough news, 77rednecktruck. My offer still stands, though! If you end up ordering an Explorer, shoot me a PM with your order number/dealer name and I'll keep you up-to-date. :D

Thanks!

Crystal

What a trip over the past week. The dealer couldn't find one, then they could, then back to no... :)

Dealer called me on Friday saying they found an Explorer sport and the dealer actually was willing to give it up. I picked up my 13 Sport this morning. White, adaptive cruise, 402A, moonroof, tow package.

I put about 50 miles on it today and it is very nice. It's a very different vehicle compared to the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi I got out of but in a good way. The ride is just as smooth but more controlled over the bumps and the amount of things MFT can do is light years ahead of Jeep's UConnect. I am very happy I made the switch.

TD3 option

Did anyone order the summer tire option? I believe the code is a TD3.
I did because I always run winter tires and wheels anyway. Plus I wanted,the wider tires (even if it's a small difference.) 255/50R/20 standard, 265/45ZR/20. I couldn't get the Bridgestone Blizack tires I normally use. I ended up ordering the Hankook iPike (245/60/18) with OZ Envy wheels.

What a trip over the past week. The dealer couldn't find one, then they could, then back to no... :)

Dealer called me on Friday saying they found an Explorer sport and the dealer actually was willing to give it up. I picked up my 13 Sport this morning. White, adaptive cruise, 402A, moonroof, tow package...

Sounds like a sweet ride, 77rednecktruck, although I'll need to see some pictures to verify. ;) I'm thrilled to hear that you're already enjoying yourself in your Explorer; keep us updated on your motoring adventures!

Crystal

Sounds like a sweet ride, 77rednecktruck, although I'll need to see some pictures to verify. ;) I'm thrilled to hear that you're already enjoying yourself in your Explorer; keep us updated on your motoring adventures!

Crystal

It looks like every other white Explorer Sport ;) :D

Will try to get some pics this weekend, traveling for work now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like every other white Explorer Sport ;) :D

Will try to get some pics this weekend, traveling for work now.

Well, I beg to differ, 77rednecktruck. I can tell every single white Explorer Sport apart quite easily! LOL J/K!

Travel safely,

Crystal

Back