2013 explorer xlt ac compressor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer xlt ac compressor

dtnew09

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer xlt
I recently had my ac compressor and clutch replaced. I liked it back up and put freon back in it. When the compressor is running it makes a whining noise. The air is still cold but the compressor still has a whine. Would I need to add more of the pag oil or did I get a bad compressor and clutch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It could just be the belt. Is it new? New accessory belts tend to whine for awhile.

I didn't replace the belt. It only makes the noise when i turn the ac on. The clutch was the part that actually went bad I just went ahead and replaced the whole thing.

I recently had my ac compressor and clutch replaced. I liked it back up and put freon back in it. When the compressor is running it makes a whining noise. The air is still cold but the compressor still has a whine. Would I need to add more of the pag oil or did I get a bad compressor and clutch.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure what you mean by "I liked it back up"? Is it supposed to be linked it back up? Did you use the Ford recommended refrigerant as per the Manual?
As far as I know, the only items you activate when you turn the A/C on are the compressor and clutch.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure what you mean by "I liked it back up"? Is it supposed to be linked it back up? Did you use the Ford recommended refrigerant as per the Manual?
As far as I know, the only items you activate when you turn the A/C on are the compressor and clutch.

Peter

My phone must have auto corrected it. It was suppose to be oiled it back up with the pag46 oil. I added the recommended refrigerant to it. Would it make a noise of it didn't have enough of the refrigerant in it.

My phone must have auto corrected it. It was suppose to be oiled it back up with the pag46 oil. I added the recommended refrigerant to it. Would it make a noise of it didn't have enough of the refrigerant in it.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure about the level of refrigerant or how you would go about checking it. It's not like it has a dipstick. I think a low amount would only result in less cold air, not a noise.

Back