2013 explorer xlt white or limited black | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer xlt white or limited black

Icemanbrit13

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Hey all, looking at picking up 2103 awesome vehicle. I'm split between a plat white xlt with 2nd row bucket seats and centre console or a limited black metallic with 2nd row bench. All the options are pretty much the same. Limited has the upgrade obviously but the bench is one feature that is stumping me. My wife and I own a 2010 escape xlt with a bench and it has been great. The bucket seats I think look much nicer but unfortunately I can't order a new explorer in as I have a great deal on a trade in and great pricing as I have a family member works at ford. Feedback would be great.
Awesome forum!:D

I've been hearing rave reviews about having captain chairs in the second row. I don't think you can go wrong with that. It does limit the seating in the Explorer from 7 to 6 though. I myself have a limited and I cannot live without the keyless entry and remote start [it's cold up here]. As for color, I think that depends on your personal preference and the climate you live in. I used to have a black car and it got extremely hot inside while it was parked outside [obviously]. The upside is that the black Explorer you are looking it is a limited model. This means you can set the car to automatically turn on the AC when you remotely start it. I have a 2011 ex w/o the second row bench and I love it. Good luck!

Thanks for feedback

I'm leaning toward the limited with the bench seat as it has a few options that the xlt does not have that I was interested in. Unfortunately i am limited to one or the other. We have the escape that we are trading in that has the bench, we were fine with that. Cosmetically yes the captains chairs are much better and save space while being more comfortable. My main interests in the limited are HID lights, stereo, colour match, perforated leather seats, heated steering wheel (cold on hands up here in Canada), remote start and keyless. All of those are only costing me an extra $2500 over the xlt. Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. We are going to look at both side by side this weekend and see which we prefer. Thank you

Back