• Register Today It's free!

2013 possible purchase questions

cjben

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
Well,the wife went and fell in love with a 2013 xlt with the non turbo 3.5. I drove it and it seems to run and drive fine. Has 98,000 miles and is 4wd. What are some problems to look out for? Common problems with this year explorer? Only explorer we have owned was a 2004,nothing to compare with a 2013. What is the chances of this vehicle lasting for a long time(200,000 miles) with proper maintenance? Thanks for any help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Water pump and PTU would be my major worries. Both being $1,500+ each if the pump doesn't let go and destroy the motor. Is it at a Ford dealer or does it have an ESP attached?

Water pump and PTU would be my major worries. Both being $1,500+ each if the pump doesn't let go and destroy the motor. Is it at a Ford dealer or does it have an ESP attached?
it is at a dealer. what is ESP? comes with 30 day 1,000 mile warranty.

it is at a dealer. what is ESP? comes with 30 day 1,000 mile warranty.
Welcome to the 5th generation side of the Forum.:wave:
ESP = Extended Service Plan. Extended Vehicle Service & Protection Plans | Service & Maintenance | Official Ford Owner Site If you are interested contact blwnsmoke via PM (Private Message) for a better price than you can get elsewhere.
For issues with vehicles, see this thread; Hints for a Pre-Pick Up Inspection & Used Ex. Check List
Good luck.

Peter

That's alot of miles, I have 131k and mine is getting a bit tired. Hopefully its a good deal.

I traded my '13 at 76k because it was starting to show its age. My struts were obviously weakened, and it was starting to creak and groan a bit more. It was otherwise basically fine, as I recall, or at least everything still worked.

Back