• Register Today It's free!

Heated Seats Question

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
Will seat covers interfere with the heated seats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will seat covers interfere with the heated seats?
Don't know for sure but I would suspect that depending on what kind of covers you are using, they would likely lessen the effectiveness. The heat would have to travel through 2 surfaces. It would take longer to heat up. But like I said, this is just an uneducated guess since I don't have first hand experience using seat covers.

Don't use covers on heated seats then what's the purpose of having heated seats, and heated seat only come with leathers. so leather is easy to clean off IF you take care of the car and condition the seat with the right application and conditioner!

They dont recommend seat covers on cars with side airbags also.

I've only had my car for about a week, and already the dye from my denim jeans is discoloring my tan leather seats. And it doesn't clean off very well.

That is the only reason I'm thinking about getting seat covers.

Just put like a towel or something but i recommend that you go to an autopart store and by some leather cleaner. I had the same issue with my 06 explorer .

I've only had my car for about a week, and already the dye from my denim jeans is discoloring my tan leather seats. And it doesn't clean off very well.

That is the only reason I'm thinking about getting seat covers.
Never heard of that problem before. Might be better to run the jeans through the wash a few times first. If they discolor on the outside then what about the inside? ;)

Newportnj,
what did you use (cleaner/conditioner) to keep up on your 06 leather if you had the same problem? I have this same issue too.

Both cleaner & conditioner to keep leather smooth.

Never heard of that problem before. Might be better to run the jeans through the wash a few times first. If they discolor on the outside then what about the inside? ;)

No problem there. :D Still, I'd rather have blue legs than blue stains on my leather seats!

I agree- blue seats would be horrid!

Not a secret that I love Meguiars stuff, but any good leather conditioner will work. I've used both Lexol & Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner as not very expensive maintenance items. You can get some more expensive stuff, but for every week/2 weeks, they're fine.

Make sure you keep that steering wheel cleaned and conditioned! :)

As far as removing them, that's tough- check THIS thread, and maybe THIS one too over at the Meg's forum.

I agree- blue seats would be horrid!

Not a secret that I love Meguiars stuff, but any good leather conditioner will work. I've used both Lexol & Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner as not very expensive maintenance items. You can get some more expensive stuff, but for every week/2 weeks, they're fine.

Make sure you keep that steering wheel cleaned and conditioned! :)

As far as removing them, that's tough- check THIS thread, and maybe THIS one too over at the Meg's forum.

Thank you for these links. Very informative. It appears that the fabric dye transfer is a real problem. Much easier to prevent than fix.

No problem there. :D Still, I'd rather have blue legs than blue stains on my leather seats!

If you are blonde...

smurfette2_thumb.png

If you are blonde...

smurfette2_thumb.png

Hahaha! Yes, you got me.

PS - whoever mentioned using the Magic Eraser sponge gets a big hug. This worked great. However, I'm still going to take precautions in the future.

Back