2013 XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs

My order date was posted above. Every time up to last week I checked with Ford, it still showed as "in order processing" and I never got a VIN. :eek: Thus, my hunch, based on Cory's post is that unless you got assigned a VIN, ALL of these XLT builds are pushed back to July 9.

I broke down and modified my order to a Limited yesterday. My old 2001 car is barely hanging on and I can't wait much longer, and have feeling it will be pushed off again for summer factory break or some other thing. My dealer said no hold on Limited with buckets/captain in 2nd row. So order should just go in and be built. Got a 10 on priority code on DORA :)

I'm sure I will enjoy extra features of Limited. Cooled seats will be nice in summer. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10 priority should make things move faster. Good Luck and Congrats!

Cory, does that mean that all of the orders that have been made already will start being built in May? and all of the orders that would be placed now would start being built in July?...
New to this thread, thanks for Cory for all his helpful information...So the question I have is, is that just some orders delayed to July 9 (including ours), or has the entire May 7 production been delayed to July 9 because of supply of the buckets seats?
stevenailor & raubod,

The entire production line for an XLT with buckets has been delayed from May to July. No early orders are being produced before the revised July timing.

You’re welcome, raubod. :)

...Thus, my hunch, based on Cory's post is that unless you got assigned a VIN, ALL of these XLT builds are pushed back to July 9...I'm sure I will enjoy extra features of Limited. Cooled seats will be nice in summer. :thumbsup:
Gatortailale,

Those cooled seats will be… well, cool! :D Check in with me via PM and I’ll see if you’ve got a VIN. :thumbsup:

Cory

Gatortailale,

Those cooled seats will be… well, cool! :D Check in with me via PM and I’ll see if you’ve got a VIN. :thumbsup:

Cory

Thanks Cory. Got your PM. I now have a VIN :party: for my modified order to a Limited.

:chug:

Bad News XLT with 2nd row Captains delayed until July 9

Hi, I ordered my 2013 XLT with 2nd row captains chairs Jan. 15 and they initially said March. Then in March I was told that production would start May 7. Today the dealer checked again and now I am told production is delayed until JULY 9. They say the supplier of the 2nd row captains for the XLT only won't have them ready until then. I guess I will have a look at other options, as who can say they will start production in July?

...I guess I will have a look at other options, as who can say they will start production in July?
Drop me a line if you want help with the other options, Cannuck.

I’m certain the community members will also be glad to offer their feedback.

Cory

Gave In

I gave in waiting for the XLT with 2nd row buckets. Got a Limited and paid quite a bit extra, which I think is what Ford wants to happen. Not happy with Ford right now, but I am sure once I get my car on Tuesday all will be forgotten. Ford put the dealers in an awkward position, expecially for someone like myself who has been waiting since January. I have bought many cars over the years and never had something remotely close like this happen. Naughty naughty FORD.

Supplier issues are something every manufacturer tries to avoid. I imagine for every person who decides to spend the extra money, there are several more who simply cannot and are forced to buy from another brand, or stick with the bench seat. So Ford either loses a sale completely, or loses the profit from the markup on an option. Either way, the customer is usually irritated, and Ford most likely ends up making less money on the deal.

Having said all of that, I am sure you will love the vehicle as much as we do ours! It is a fantastic people carrier, and we enjoy every mile we put on it. Congratulations on your new car, I'm sure Tuesday can't come soon enough :)

Well my wife grew impatient and curious after our explorer got delayed again. So we went and test drove a couple different types of vehicles. Her new choice was the Ford Flex. I was very suspicious at first, but after riding in it and driving it, im sold. There is so much room inside a Flex! Got one ordred and will be here in 7 weeks. She is excited.

I gave in waiting for the XLT with 2nd row buckets. Got a Limited and paid quite a bit extra, which I think is what Ford wants to happen. Not happy with Ford right now, but I am sure once I get my car on Tuesday all will be forgotten...
The delay from the supply issue is unfortunate, Cannuck. Tuesday should prove to be a great day after your patient waiting.

Supplier issues are something every manufacturer tries to avoid...Having said all of that, I am sure you will love the vehicle as much as we do ours! It is a fantastic people carrier, and we enjoy every mile we put on it. Congratulations on your new car, I'm sure Tuesday can't come soon enough :)
Well put, VinceL! :)

...Her new choice was the Ford Flex. I was very suspicious at first, but after riding in it and driving it, im sold. There is so much room inside a Flex! Got one ordred and will be here in 7 weeks. She is excited.
applefamily,

Congrats! Shoot me a PM with your order number & dealer info; I’ll keep you updated on the latest status! :D

Cory

Does anyone have any updated information on the second row order status hold? Its almost mid july... This is getting rediculous.

Back